cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling has stopped working (with Google pixel 4a)

JonB1979
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, i have been using Wifi Calling at home due to poor signal in the house. A few weeks ago it just stopped working and so far tech support (2 calls) have been unable to resolve it. (SIM in/out, phone off/on, phone and account settings both checked). If i turn WiFi calling off and try to make a call, the phone tells me to turn it on. So that seems to be working as expected.  Has anyone got any ideas? Could it be the phone rather than Vodafone? 

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chistery
16: Advanced member

Ask Vodafone to remove wifi calling, wait till it doesn't show up in MyVodafone and then add it again.

They used to let you do it yourself but it was too useful so they removed it, and now you have to argue your way through 7 people as none of them will understand what to do. good luck!

A SIM swap can also help. If you are near a Vodafone store, pop in and ask for a replacement SIM.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JonB1979 - thanks for the tests you have done. I'm sorry this hasn't been resolved when you've contacted us. My team in Social Media can check if it's provisioned from our side. Please contact us through Social Media

chistery

Have you rebooted your router? Does wifi calling work for anyone else on your broadband?

Hi, the router has been rebooted, yes.  It can't be the WiFi  because I have tried using Wifi Calling at other wifi locations and it still doesn't work - so its either my phone or Vodafone... As per my original post, it did used to work.

chistery

Ask Vodafone to remove wifi calling, wait till it doesn't show up in MyVodafone and then add it again.

They used to let you do it yourself but it was too useful so they removed it, and now you have to argue your way through 7 people as none of them will understand what to do. good luck!

A SIM swap can also help. If you are near a Vodafone store, pop in and ask for a replacement SIM.

I'll try those suggestions - thanks! 

I don't see WiFi Calling in My Vodafone (app or desktop). Maybe i'm not looking in the right place? The tech support told me it is enabled on my account. 

Thanks

chistery

You should see it under Extras / Manage controls and extras / Calling Options / Wifi Calling.

It should show the date it was last added to your account.

Thanks. yes its there - added 26/4/2023 when the support assistant reset it. So it looks like its either the SIM or the phone. I've ordered a SIM, and i;ll try someone elses phone when i get chance :Smiling:

Just to provide an update - i ordered a new SIM and Wifi Calling started working straight away, so thanks very much to @chistery. I'd spent 3 hours chatting with Vodafone and not had the new SIM suggested as a solution. 

Unfortunately it now seems to have stopped working, perhaps due to an automatic update that took place yesterday afternoon. Looks like i'm back to square one. Whether or not its the SIM again, I think I'm going to change to another network, after being with Vodafone for as long as i can remember. I just can't face calling their support once again and spending hours chatting with them to no avail.....