cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone 6s contracts - underwhelmed by the choice.....

ScoobyDoo555
4: Newbie

I'm a returning Voda customer (went to o2). Went onto a Voda PAYG sim until the 6s was released.

Just a comment about the lack of competitive deals for the 6s. If you go to some of the price-comparison sites, you can get the phone for an up-front cost (no issues with this at all), and a monthly price of circa £33-35.

Voda seem to be more up front AND per month. Why?

I doubt anything can be done, so this is more of an observation than a complaint.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Sometimes the independents can offer sweeter looking deals but not all discounts available via Vodafone such as the employees one - is available if the contract is opened up via a 3rd party etc. 

It also appears the iPhones command premium prices. It's always been the same. Supply and demand. 😉

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Agreed. I suppose the issue is that my current 5s was top of the line. and the same contract now (like for like) is 15% more expensive.

Reading through these very pages, the other (and more cost effective) method is to purchase straight from Apple.

Sadly then, the question of the Voda PAYG sim "value" comes to a head.

Whilst I concur that it is a case of supply and demand, with so many options, the offers outside of just being a network provider may prove harder to justify. (IMHO, of course :Laughing_Face: )

This is what I choose to do. 

I buy my iPhones from the  store and use Payg. 

Some do drop to a 30 day or 12 month sim only after buying sim free too. Disposable income allowing. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

It's simple economics. Networks have to invest billions of pounds to actually design, build and maintain a network. Websites and dealers simply have to build a website - just a little bit cheaper.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

The problem is that Apple is largely at fault (based on the conversations which I had with Vodafone customer service). They are the ones who set most of the terms. They want a big cut in the profit when selling through mobile networks. On the other hand, mobile networks would also need to make a profit as it is a business which they are running. I don't think it is good for Vodafone to make a loss running business. However, I do understand that their plans are more expensive than other mobile networks. Honestly, I would have taken my business to Tesco Mobile, if not for the excellent customer service offered by Vodafone on a business contract. 

NikkiUK
How do I add screen captures to posts? Honestly the lies Vodafone advisers and live chat have told me, latest is my phone is in warehouse ready to go out for delivery but the warehouse say it isn't! My tracker has been stuck on stage 3 for two full days and clearly states my order has been picked for dispatch... Why do Vodafone have a complete melt down around iPhone launches? I mean who knew they were going to me so popular eh 😏

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

If you use Live Chat you can request that a copy of the chat be sent to you by email.

You can also click on the "Send chat transcript by email" while you are in the chat applet.

NikkiUK
Be so popular sorry, angry typing lol