Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iphone 5 still locked

Jupesfm
4: Newbie

Hi i have iphone 5 i paid to have it unlocked i got an email saying that its unlocked but i tried what it told me to do on the email i have tried loads of diffrent sim but itunes keep saying sim is not valid pls someone help me i dont knw what else to do

86 REPLIES 86

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

That usually indicates that Vodafone have passed your request onto Apple to action.  You now have to wait for Apple to complete the actual unlocking. 

PWIAC

ok so do you knw how long it takes for apple to complete it please or can i contact apple to find out thankyou

drey_p

Apple will be no help I'm afraid.  It usually takes about 10 working days to complete.  Often it is done sooner, but there have been cases where it has taken over 3 weeks to do.

PWIAC

hi thankx for replying i have contaavtec the techno team at vodaphone and its still locked they told me to goto the store wich was no help i have called so many times and emailed nuc so many times and they keep telling me to restore the phone wich i have done so many times now i just dont know what to do

please someone help me before i totally pull all my hair out

drey_p
You have to keep checking by connecting the iPhone to iTunes with a non Vodafone SIM card in it. When it is unlocked you'll get a message telling you so.

PWIAC

so its just matter of waiting i didnt know vodaphone takes forever unlocking iphones

drey_p
I'm afraid that it is like this with iPhone unlocking but Vodafone aren't to blame. They process your request and pass it on to Apple to action. You're very much at their mercy. Apple sometimes unlock the phones really quickly, other times it takes the, ages as mentioned a few posts up.

PWIAC

hi i have just recived a message from vodaphone they said that its unlocked and i have just contacted apple they have checked the imei and said the phone is still locked i need to call vodaphone for them to unlock it now i have contatced vodaphone who keeps telling me to conatct nuc and nuc keep sending me messages saying its unlocked now what do i do and who do i call