Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

A letter from Vodafone

Snow_1990
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Good evening, I have a problem, for 9 days I'm struggling to get this(A letter from Vodafone confirming the first and last date that your handset was used on their network),and without a response,I spoke with customer service and I did online twice(https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/proof-of-purchase/), and no results from vodafone are not serious because I can not get this information, I am without a phone

is it so hard to be punctual?

6 REPLIES 6

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Snow_1990 If you've completed the form already, it may be worth checking your junk/spam folder in your email inbox as sometimes our reply can find it's way into there. 

If it's not in there, then please get in touch using the link in my private message and we'll see if we're able to process this proof of purchase for you 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alex,

Surely this is not proof of purchase the OP is seeking, but rather the legendary and mythical proof of USAGE which insurers increasingly insist upon before processing a claim for loss or breakage ?   You know,  that concept which Vodafone Customer Service routinely refuse to recognise because meeting the requirement will require a proper letter on headed notepaper rather than just an email ?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous By completing the Proof of Purchase form the dedicated team can also include proof of usage for customers - this also helps those that might not have purchased their phone from us but need this information, proof of barring or their contract :Smiling:

Getafix
16: Advanced member

You are not alone. I have been struggling to get Proof of Ownership and also the date of First use.

My Galaxy S7 was reset and now it has Google Lock. Samsung need this two Proofs before they can do it under Warranty.

Initially was hoping Vodafone could do it considering that it had Vodafone Branded Software.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @Getafix, I'm sorry you're having trouble getting hold of your Proof of Purchase and usage. I've sent you a private message over so I can take a closer look into this for you. 

Getafix

Thanks for the Offer, but already in conversation via Twitter DM, since 10 January.

"Awaiting update from relevant team"