Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BTHome Hub 3/Sure Signal version 2

jaypeecee
4: Newbie

I am utterly fed up with problems with my Sure Signal setup. Although I am using a SS version 2 with a BT Home Hub 3, I have no reason whatsoever to suspect my current problems are in any way related to the BT Home Hub 3. My WiFi connection is superfast (Infinity Option 1) and very reliable - I monitor my connection continuously using Net Uptime Monitor, which runs on one of my PCs 24/7.

Right now and for the last few hours, the SS version 2 has the red power LED on, the system LED flashing and the phone LED off. I have tried the reset procedure three times this evening - all to no avail. I cannot use the Vodafone network at present. What good is that? I can neither make nor receive phone calls or use mobile data, although the latter is less important.

Does anyone have any suggestions what to do other than chuck the Sure Signal in the nearest bin?

JPC

122 REPLIES 122

shibainu
4: Newbie

Hi,

My Suresignal version 1  has not been working for the past 3 days. Everything was working fine and nothing has been changed.

I've been through all the troubleshooting and reset the unit as well as the Bt router.

Broadband speeds are approx 30mb/s and port forwarding should be set up correctly as everything has been working fine for months following a detailed technical resolution via this forum earlier in the year..

I did a ping and got these results:

Tracing route to 212.183.133.181 over a maximum of 30 hops

0 James-PC.home [192.168.1.65]
1 BThomehub.home [192.168.1.254]
2 * * *
Computing statistics for 25 seconds...
Source to Here This Node/Link
Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address
0 James-PC.home [192.168.1.65]
17/ 100 = 17% |
1 141ms 17/ 100 = 17% 0/ 100 = 0% BThomehub.home [192.168.1.254]

Trace complete.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Been having the same issue here for a few days, resetting the device helps for a bit but the problem comes back. 

Glad it's not just me as i was about to go out and buy a new SS as I thought this one was on the blink...

pato_londres
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Tried resetting the SS by unpluggin for half a hour and then restarting. Same problem; power light goes steady on and then the System light flashes. All other lights go off after starting up process

According to manual this is the SS system trying to configure and therefore I read it as an external error.

Telephone support seem clueless about this. Any ideas please.

Hi pato_londres,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.
Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Andy

Thanks, what is a traceroute?

My Sure Signal serial number is 40122443357

The rest of the info are screen shot attachments

Hi pato_londres,

Thanks for the update here with the additional information.

I have checked through the attachments and can confirm that everything is fine.

Also I have checked the registration for you and can see that a connection was made at the early hours of this morning which means that your Sure Signal should now be up and running.

If this is still not working please can you perform the traceroute as outlined above as this will allow us to see if there is any packet loss or ping timeouts between your internet connection and our server.

James

Yes, surprisingly it started working this morning. I didn't do anything except turn it off, wait and then turn it on as directed.

What was wrong with it? Was it me or a system fault?

Would like to know for next time :))

Hi pato_londres,

Thanks for the update here.

The issue may have just been a delay in the setup as it can sometimes take up to 24 hours to correctly configure however, there is no real way to say what the cause of the issue was.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

No, I don't think so, it initially worked then after a few days it stopped working for no reason!

Hi,

I am having the same problem.

I recieved my SS today and have recycled the entire syetem a number of times.

I have a SKY Router which I have recently aquired and have seen a few different threads which seem to point to there being an issue with the relationship between the SS & the Sky router.

My Ip address is: 90.202.114.87

THe ping tests 66ms

2.33 Mbps Download Speed

0.33 Mbps Upload Speed

My SS Ser No 40122929827

I am working on a MacBook and can't get the tracert 212.183.133.179 CMD to work, so can't include this transcript. If you have a way in which I can do this on a MacBook Pro?

Please can you help?  Thanks