cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Activation issues, lack of support!

TomOwen93
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi Guys,

Decided to switch to Vodafone broadband due to them being much cheaper than BT and could provide it as quick as BT.

BT had a date of 15th September, the guy in the Vodafone store near me said they can definitely do 14th September and he can even see that on the screen. He gives me a router to take home and I cancel with BT.

I receive NO confirmation or anything and it turns out the order couldnt be done in store. I phone cust. services and they say no problem, here is a new order and you will get a new router sent. Activation date: 06 SEPTEMBER 2016.

AGAIN, zero confirmation of my activation dates by email/text or even an account set-up. I do receive an email about the router order but that's it.

I then try livechat a couple of days later and they say activation date 29/08/2016 (err obviously not!) so I try to get through to home broadband team on phone. They say activation will be 29TH SEPTEMBER 2016 (!!)

and they are really really sorry. 

WHY has this been allowed to happen? and why does it take one month to reactivate an existing broadband line? The previous tenants had talk talk and as far as I can understand it wouldn't need an Openreach engineer visit.

Feeling very let down, not sure if I even have any options here :Sad_face: 

26 REPLIES 26

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @TomOwen93

Im not surprised your confused and frustrated at this. 

Not a good start to a new service at all !

If this was me I'd ring the broadband team up directly. 

Looking to join us?

08080 044 848
(free from all UK landlines and mobiles)
Lines are open between 8am and 8pm, seven days a week

Got a question?

08080 034 515
(free from all UK landlines and mobiles)
Lines are open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

none of the Vodafone help lines seem to be working today

BandOfBrothers

I've just tried the number ending in 515 and it's working OK for me. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

silmi
1: Seeker
omg it is happening to me to!!

So, at first I wanted to use Virgin Media because it's the only broadband using co-axial cable (stable connection). However, my new flat doesn't have the hub for Virgin Media. So if I ordered it that day, the soonest I could get connected was on 12th Sept. So I thought since my flat had already been installed a BT openreach hub, maybe I would get it faster. So I ordered Vodafone, and I chose the soonest activation day on 8th Sept. I paid the activation fee, received the router, but no email confirmation about the activation process even though they state in the email that they will inform us the process detail.

So after almost two weeks, I assumed that the activation day was still on the date that I chose. I set up everything waiting for the router lamp to be green a whole day. Then fortunately, I found your post here. I called the customer service around 11pm to confirm my activation day, and unsurprisingly it is different with the date that I chose without any confirmation from Vodafone. Now it says that my avtivation day is 23rd Sept (originally 8th Sept)

I feel very dissapointed because I thought I was gonna get the internet today and I could do my assigments and whatnot.
The next thing I am gonna do tomorrow is calling Virgin Media asking if they could do any faster than that day, if yes then I am gonna cancel this one.

My first impression is that Vodafone seems to promise sweet things that they can't keep. I'm so disappointed.

Hi @silmi

I understand your disappointment at this problem with your broadband activation. 

The best way forward is to call our Broadband Team directly on 08080 034 515 and we'll look into this for you. 

Louise

Yaiza
1: Seeker
We went to the Vodafone shop on the 22nd of August they told us for sure that the Internet activation day would be the 1st of Septiembre, then they sent us an email saying that the activation day had been changed to the 7th. Today is 12th of September We are still without Internet. We are so annoyed, not dissapointed annoyed. The only thing We've been given are excuses like. There has been a problem, but they still do not know whay the problem is....

As a fairly new Vodafone customer, I've found their "back room" operations nothing short of shambolic. I've also found poor organization and communication regarding activation. I ordered Vodafone broadband (and phone) with a date of 12 September. I had a reminder (maybe the week before?) to plug in the router by 8 am on that day. I did so. Then whilst I was at work I had an email reminding me that my service would start on the 13th! and to have the router connected by 8 am that day. Of course, Vodafone had cancelled my BT line for me on the 12th! People trying to call me on the 12th would just have the call dropped before being connected. Fortunately, at least my old Internet worked in the evening so I could plug my old router back in.

Way to go Vodafone, move the activation date back by day but don't tell me in advance so I'll find out after the fact that I have no land phone line. I should have taken note of the omen when I tried to order the package in the first place. My Vodafone account had originally been set up by a Vodafone agent in a Live Chat. They didn't give me a title. The Vodafone order process came to a screeching halt telling me that title was mandatory and I must select a drop down option. There was no such drop down option! You cannot edit this information in your account either! Ergo, it was technically and practically impossible for me to actually order the package without getting another Live Chat session agent to give me a title. Shocking shocking shocking.

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @drg

I'm sorry to hear of this experience. 

The best way forward is to call our Broadband Team on 08080 034 515 and we will fully investigate for you. 

Louise

Don't worry, @Louise_E, I'm regularly on the phone! Note *I* have to phone Vodafone. Vodafone is terrible at communicating updates to the customer. Internet is currently two days late. The blame finger is pointed at BT, which doesn't surprise me, but nevertheless, my agreement is with Vodafone and Vodafone is now two days late in delivering what was promised. The latest last night was that it "may be" 6 pm today... Don't cut off someone's old Internet unless you're in a position to supply the promised replacement!!