Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Conflicting Advice (Preorder)

davidfaulkner
4: Newbie
Hello,

So I also had the address issue in the online form, so I ordered over live chat at around 9am Friday morning. Everything went through, and delivery was scheduled to my work address. I was told to wait 24 hours for confirmation.

I called up this morning to the upgrade team, who attempted to get me to upgrade again as 'it hadn't gone through'. I asked the agent to review the live chat, and he then said actually it was okay and to wait up to 48 hours for confirmation.

Sure enough, a few hours ago, the confirmation came through, only the delivery address is incorrect as:

1) It's not my work address, and
2) The address only contains my block of flats, not the actual flat I live in.

So I went into a Vodafone store. The assistant said I needed to cancel my order, and reorder. I said no as I would lose my place in the queue. She told me to call 191.

191 have said once DPD confirm delivery, I can change the address. I'm still sceptical, as surely there is a security implication here, but let's see what happens.

I think the whole preorder process has been shambolic, but also, Vodafone employees are desperately trying to get their commission by encouraging customers to cancel their orders.

Has anyone else had this issue?
11 REPLIES 11

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Retired-Sarah_A
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @davidfaulkner

Is your issue now resolved? 

Thanks,

Sarah 

davidfaulkner
Hi Sarah,

I contacted 191 and corrected the delivery address, as per my live chat conversation which can be retrieved by Vodafone. I was told I would receive a text within an hour (on Saturday afternoon) with confirmation. I haven't received anything. I've also not received any information on the plan I've chosen, other than acknowledgment of a preorder.

To be honest, if this is not resolved, I'm intending to go SIM Only and buy the iPhone through the Apple Upgrade Plan - it's 0% and payable over 20months, which is much better value than any network deal for the phone.

Best, David

Hi @davidfaulkner

The confirmation is taking longer due to the amount of orders being put through. 

Our Live Chat team can check the order proccess for you here.

Thanks,

Sarah 

shane12345
11: Established
I ordered first thing Friday morning and shortly thereafter received four duplicate emails from Vodafone confirming that my phone would be delivered to an out of date address from two years ago that Vodafone gave to DPD despite having my correct address on their system.

They told me this cannot be corrected until the phone is due out for shipping.

I don't know why I stay with Vodafone. They are constantly pulling things on me, over billing etc. The 4G coverage is woeful. They offer data plans at 2gb/month when comparable plans on other networks offer 20gb.

It's like being in an abusive relationship- I just need to pluck up the courage to leave.

davidfaulkner
Hi Sarah,

I have stumbled across two colleagues, one from O2, one from EE, who have received confirmation of their respective preorders. It's not good enough for Vodafone to blame the volume of preorders - iPhone launches are known to be high volume, and Vodafone clearly can't cope.

Live Chat can only review the conversation I had with the adviser on Friday. All they say is "it's going through, order confirmation will follow in 48 hours" Basically, I have to hope that my preorder was input into the system correctly, which isn't acceptable. Considering the delivery address was incorrect, I haven't got much confidence.

d4c1981
I've contact Vodafone twice to check on my preorder email and twice they've stated my order would be despatched to my old address! This isn't good enough quite frankly, I have 4 lines with Vodafone and I'd expect them to get my information correct. If my order gets messed up I'm done with Vodafone. I'll see my contracts out and move on.

Hello @davidfaulkner

I understand your frustration at the delay, our apologies. 

You will receive a full order confirmation through email with dispatch details as soon as possible.

Hello @d4c1981

Please contact our team on 191 from a Vodafone phone, or call 0333 304 0191 and our team will look at the address details further. 

Louise

shane12345
They won't fix the address issue, I've already tried everything I can. Vodafone did the same to me, they supplied an old address to DPD. They say nothing can be done until the phone ships and only THEN can I request a redirect!

I too have been with Voda for over 10 years with multiple contracts. They could care less about loyal, long term customers.