Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My "Wonderful" iPhone 7 Plus Experience

odaley1
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Where to start Vodafone:

So at 8:01 am I pick up the phone to 191 excited about the new iPhone on the 9th September - I speak to a gentleman who said I was his first call of the day he has a 13 hour shift because they are expecting a large number of calls and after a while he places my order for an iPhone 7 Plus 128GB in Black £58 a month £160 up front with a £4.94 delivery fee: FANTASTIC I am happy.

Now a few hours later just after lunchtime the same day I realise I have received no confirmation of upgrade or Pre-Order a little nervous I call just to confirm that my order has been placed, I am then told my order hasn't been placed, they were using a contingency system (Clearly a pen and a piece of paper) and it hasn't gone through and I would need to order again - but not to worry I would still receive my phone on or around Friday. A Day or two after is fine I understand sometimes advisers get things wrong. (Not that they should but it happens)

Annoyed but still okay I accept the outcome, I place my order again, I confirm on the phone explicitly - BLACK not JET BLACK the advisers says okay its the matte like finish not shiny and says it is placed, fantastic I receive order confirmation and I'm happy. Now fortunately I'm a little wary of Vodafone so I keep an eye on my order to find out that the adviser this time had placed the order wrong - wrong colour - and this begins to infuriate me. So I call yet again to be told that I need to wait 24 to 48 hours for my order to be open to be edited  but not to worry about the order they will ensure I get it on or a couple of days either side of launch day after they have changed the order, I will receive a call back the day after (didn't believe I would at the time) and they will confirm what is going on.

So reluctantly there is nothing I can do I agree, now I didn't receive my call back and I chat to multiple advisers on live chat and via the phone who after a period of a couple of days confirm my order: none of them new what they were talking about but I had my order tracking so I thought everything was fine. The reason I say this is I was given about 3 different bits of advice and what they were doing. I also note that 1 person said there were no notes regarding my call back and stated I would need to raise a call back with the back office team to receive that (not a chance) and 1 stated there were notes regarding my call back. Nice bit of conflicting advice there.

Now yesterday 13th September I check again on the delivery of my device and to confirm the order has gone through, I am told by the live chat adviser that everything has gone through I will receive the iPhone I wanted on the agreed price plan (this must be adviser number 11). Brilliant I think until today where I see on here people are receiving confirmation e-mails.

Worriedly I chat again to an adviser about this, to be told that my order had been CANCELLED due to a pricing error by the system automatically on the 12th, yes a day before your adviser stated yesterday that everything is fine, there is nothing they can do for me, its basically tough I now have to re order and get put to the back of the queue and wait around 4--6 weeks for my device. If I hadn't have called up and chased you multiple times over this I would have received no information regarding my order not being placed and no information regarding the cancellation of my order. SO MANY customer service failings.

So from a very happy Vodafone customer signing up for another 2 years, to a customer who is now leaving and looking elsehwere,

Vodafone I applaud you!

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @odaley1

I'm not surprised your not happy at those sequence of events. :Sad_face:

I think you've been more than reasonable and patient. 

Something I firmly believe in is that things can sometimes go wrong which I'm sure many accept, but then it's ultimately down to how it's put right that then counts ,and instills confidence back into the product and service. Communication is Key. 

Have you considered popping into a Vodafone store when your account has reset to pre upgrade status to upgrade. 

Please take into consideration that not every Network provides the same signal strengths and Data Speeds everywhere, and in the same area. I assume to this point Vodafone have overall supplied a useable Service. Moving Networks may affect this.

If you do leave Vodafone via 30 days notice or Pac Code then Please consider not cancelling the Direct Debit until Vodafone have taken any final payment(s) and if applicable applied any Refunds. And you have received the final bill by post, paid by Direct Debit and a £0 bill and Sorry Your Leaving Letter has been received that confirms the account is closed. (Please retain this paperwork)

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your response,

I believe I have given Vodafone every chance including today to restore my faith but have been met with conflicting advice, and if I am brutally honest a very arrogant chat adviser today who told me there was nothing he could do and what exactly is it I want. 

Well my iPhone Order to have been placed correctly at some point over the last 5 days would have been great.

Unfortunately for advisers such as yourself this shows Vodafone in such a bad light and I will be leaving, I just thought I would share my, basically, horrific experience.

As a P.S I am still awaiting that call back :Winking_smiley:

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome and as a fellow customer I wish you well whichever avenue you choose. 

This eforum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name. All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hello @odaley1

I am very sorry to hear of this experience, I completely understand your frustration and distress.

I am going to send you a Private Message with further help. 

Louise