Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Constant drop outs !

Blackeagle
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I'm seriously wishing I had kept my 6mbps sky broadband now as we never had issues with it. When we 1st got vodafone in ( after the girl in the shop told us vodafone owned the line in our area and we would get a minimum of 35mbps ) I noticed speeds up to 40mbps but alas a couple of days in it started buffering more than a French polisher !! Facebook, YouTube, and any online video clips play for about 1min then go into buffering mode. I am so angry that I've just put my tablet down as I can't be bothered. We never had an issue with our free sky broadband but temptation of super fast broadband has just left me damn annoyed. I test it several times a day and sometimes does not even reach 1mbps which is ridiculous. 

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I totally understand that buffering can spoil the experience @Blackeagle

How long has it been since your activation date ? I ask because it can take from 10 days and very rarely upto 30 days for things to settle. 

Are you connecting via Ethernet cable or WiFi ?

I agree that the speed you mention is poor. :Sad_face:

When you run a speedtest what is your Ping Stat ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

We are using Wi-Fi, tested at 7.30am today and got a 13m ping and 34mbps speed. Which is great, I will test at several points today. By the way the question of Wi-Fi or Ethernet annoys me as using Ethernet is like going back to dial up. So saying that the top speeds is for Ethernet not Wi-Fi is misleading as they never say this while trying to sell you the service !! 

3pm and same speed as of this morning. Hopefully it will stay good and it was just a settling issue 

9.30pm 13m ping but now only 2.7mbps so back to reality !! Fibre broadband we are told every day is "constant" and guaranteed !! Utter crap, I would take a slower speed but consistency over this any day so SKY it is !! 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@eduardo007 @Blackeagle - Thanks for running those speed tests for us!

So that our Broadband team can look into this for you, please contact them by calling 08080 034 515.

You can also get in touch via Live Chat.

Gemma - this was reported to your Broadband team at 11:49a.m. 11th October.

They ran initial checks but failed to identify any causes.

I was told a member of your Technical would contact me on my mobile within 24 hours and if no sol;ution a BT engineer would be sent out.

54hours on and not a single attempt has been made to contact me.

Speeds have got worse since then - almost dial-up speed now.

I believe I have 16days before cooling off period expires but at this rate I will be changing sooner than that!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@eduardo007 What's your router sync speed showing as? 

You can find this by logging in to your router menu, simply go to vodafone.connect or 192.168.1.1 and enter the password vodafone 🙂

Thanks for that Alex..

I'd already done that & posted pictures of what I got but you seem to have removed them.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@eduardo007 I'm unable to view the pictures when you posted these and I've checked our image inbox and they're not showing up. 

Please post your picture again in a reply to this message or alternatively type your results.