cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract Ending. Do I still need to give notice?

gnomelord
3: Seeker

Hi,

My contract is due to expire at the end of next month.

I will not be staying with Vodafone.

Am I still required to advise Vodafone in writing 30 days before the end of my contract that I will not be renewing?

Seems kind of silly if I do as technically the contract between us ends.

There seems to be conflicting advice on the web so decided best to ask here.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Contracts never end automatically technically or otherwise. After the initial commitment period they turn into 30 day rolling contracts.

So yes you need to give notice or use a PAC code to move the number to another network which ends the contract as soon as the number is moved.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

AnnS

Hi @gnomelord

Your contract is for a minimum period,  not a maximum period.  Further info below.

Support - Thinking of Leaving

Cancel Account

gnomelord

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

So, let's say for example, I request my PAC code one week before my agreement end date and the contract with the new carrier is good to go.

-

Obviously I can't use my PAC code until after the agreement end date or I will be in breach of contract.

Let's assume (for the sake of discussion) I go two days past the agreement end date to use my PAC code, will Vodafone then bill me for that entire month or will it only be for two days?

Thanks

AnnS

Hi @gnomelord

You can use the PAC code now.

Providing you don't cancel the direct debit until receiving the final bill with a 0.00 balance to confirm the account cancelled, the contract will be fully paid.  

With line rental paid in advance, you will probably have already paid any cancellation charges and will probably even receive a credit direct to your bank account.

63johnw
Another thing to remember is you must use the PAC code, not just request it, and it only lasts 30 days, so if you don't use it or keep it for more than 30 days then your contract will continue on the monthly rolling contract mentioned above. If it does expire you can request a new one. If using a PAC do not use any other method if cancelling the contract as using more than one method has caused problems in the past.

gnomelord

Thanks. I understand.

My contract doesn't end until the end of November and my bill date is the beginning of November so I still have one more regular bill to pay.

From the sound of things, the best way would be to request and use my PAC code some time in November and let nature take its course.

UPDATE:

So I've had my PAC from Vodafone, started a new contract elsewhere and had everything switched over within the 48 hour window as promised.

I now need to wait for Voda to issue a final bill.

Can anyone advise how long they take to do this?

I can't log into my account any more. I thought they would leave this open at least until we'd settled up but obviously not.

Now I just have to hope they don't make a mess of overcharging me for the final bill and I wil finally be free....

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Your Penultimate Bill will be send within 2 weeks.

i would suggest you contact them and clarify how much it is and also ask them to email it you. This will be as a PDF.

You mentioned that your Billing cycle was Early November. Did you get a bill and pay it? If you have paid it then you will be in credit. If that was not paid then you will have to pay the line rental (without VAT) until your minimum contract date.