Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

DHCPOffer message appears to be filtered by VodafoneConnect Router

Screwtape
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Having just switched to Vodafone Broadband from BT, I'm really beginning to regret it.

The VodafoneConnect router seems to be doing very strange things. I have disabled the on board DHCP server and am using my longstanding DHCP server which links to my local DNS so that I can dns lookup the devices on my network. This has worked perfectly well the the BT HH that I had previously.

However, with the VodafoneConnect router doesn't appear to be switching the DHCPOffer message from the LAN to the WIFI. I have another access point on my network, and DHCP works fine when I'm using that access point.

I've tried (briefly) disabling the firewall, but that had no impact.

Why would there be restrictions between the LAN ports and the WIFI?

Anybody got an idea what I can do, apart from switch the wifi off and buy a decent access point instead?

Thanks in advance... Screwtape.

3 REPLIES 3

displaced
4: Newbie

Hi,

I'm running a similar setup without that particular problem (plenty of others, of course!).

I turned off every single other stupid feature on the Vodafone box that I could, and it seems fine.  WPS, Guest WiFi, etc.  Have a run through each config page and turn it all off.  The only thing I still have enabled is the firewall, which is fair enough.

Good luck!  I'm currently badgering Vodafone 'support' to try to obtain my PPPoE username/password so I can reconnect the BT-supplied VDSL modem and use my own router as the PPPoE client.

There's a l of discussion in the thread Re: Vodafone Home Broadband / Vodafone Connect regarding isolation of the wired and wireless networks. From around page 8 onwards, as the earlier discussions are problems with the old firmware. 

I have to say it works for me (not your exact situation, but not getting isolation) don't know why mine's different. Have you disabled the 5Ghz wireless, and guest networks? Oh and given these two networks a different SSID? 

Retired-Viki_R
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Screwtape

Please speak to our Broadband team for help with this issue via Live Chat, they will be able to investigate this for you.

Thanks,

Viki