Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Defaulted Vodafone account on my credit file

Robbie28
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I'm hoping someone can share some light on how to get this fixed , I have had a Vodafone pay monthly contract for around 5/6 years now (which i have always and still do pay on time )and on checking my credit file last week have noticed I have a defaulted account from Vodafone for £150. On finding this I contacted live chat who advised me that instead of my upgrade being completed on 2015 I had been given a new account therefore that is why I had a default I explained the situation to the guy on live chat who told me nothing  could be done I never once received a letter from Vodafone for the outstanding balance and never cancelled the direct debit , is there anyway I can get this default removed also my contact was due to end 2 months later so the final bill if anything should be around £100 . I have already taken my case to car phone warehouse about them opening a new account instead of upgrading but I take full responsibility for not realising this at the time I have just checked my credit history as I'm looking to buy a house for my family but this is holding me back is there anyway I can get this default removed as I wasn't even aware the debt existed  or i would have sorted it at the time .

Thanks 

Rob

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Unfortunatley this isnt the first time ive seen Carphone Warehouse open up another contract instead of upgrading an account. 

Are CPW going to update you ?

The Vodafone Social Media Team here who read all posts will catch up with your post and they'll help you with this situation if they can.

Please take a look at this thread > Default-on-your-Credit-File-And-How-to-add-a-Notice-of-Correction.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi thanks for the reply , spoke to carphone warehouse they are going to investigate I'm quite annoyed I never noticed I just assumed it was slightly different as I had wanted the phone number changed don't know if this is where the confusion lies . I'm in the process of trying to find the paperwork for it I'm just hoping something can be one to sort this as I've never missed or been late with a single payment and I've been with Vodafone for years. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Robbie28 I understand that Carphone Warehouse are now investigating this for you however should you need any further assistance regarding your credit file, our dedicated Credit File team will be happy to help.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to contact them directly should you have any further queries.

torleik
4: Newbie

Hey Robbie, 

Sorry to hear about your current situation.

First, foremost and slightly off topic - when it comes to your renewal, by all means, pop into a store to view handsets and maybe get a demo.

As for renewing, try and stick to doing it online, it gives you plenty of time to mull over what you are agreeing to.

As for disputing your default - you can in theory register to dispute this with your credit reference agency who will dispute this directly with the credit provider.

The problem you may well encounter though is if Carphone Warehouse present a signed contract - as it would have stated it's a new number, new connection etc,

I wish you the best of luck however, if you need to know anything else, please let me know and I will try my best to help. :Smiling: