Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Define Monthly Plan charge

mastman
4: Newbie

Can someone please provide a definition on Vodafone of 'monthly plan charge', its used in the T&C's but there is no definition?

12 REPLIES 12

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @mastman your monthly plan charge is the amount you pay for your pay monthly contract each month.

Thanks, just wanted to check whether it was what I was charged or what I pay..

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@mastman Your monthly plan charge is the cost of your plan before any out of bundle charges (if you have any) the amount you pay will be made up of both of these 😊

Thanks. Ok, so the plan charge is the discounted amount I pay after any discounts are applied?

ewanrw
11: Established
11: Established

It’s the pre-discount price. 

Any RPI increases or termination fees etc will be worked out against the original tariff price, not the discounted one. 

ewan

Plan charge is defined in the vodafone terms as:
(minutes, texts, data & entertainment
allowance, etc.). Each April your monthly plan charge will
increase by an amount equal to the retail prices index rate
published by the Office for National Statistics in March (RPI
rate). We will apply that RPI rate adjustment from your April
bill. If the RPI rate is a decrease, your monthly plan charge
will not be reduced.

It doesn't say if the plan charge is the pre or post discount price in the terms, so difficult for a customer to know for certain, surely it needs to made crystal clear. It falls to the interpretation favourable to the consumer if its unclear, which would obviously be RPI applied post discount. Vodafone need to be more specific, not just apply the RPI the increase to the price most favourable to them and hope they get away with it. It needs to be rewritten to be clear.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mastman I'm sorry for the confusion this is causing. 

Your plan charge is your price plan, before any discounts are applied. RPI is added to this cost, before your discount is applied also. 

I do understand what you mean - everything needs to be nice and clear and easy to understand. I'll feed this back for you to see if it can be worded differently 😊

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

The cunning bit here is that Vodafone don't tell you the non discounted rate, but they are quite happy to use this when they do their RPI increase.

@chisterywrote:

The cunning bit here is that Vodafone don't tell you the non discounted rate, but they are quite happy to use this when they do their RPI increase.

so how was yours described when you bought it? Was it £20, or £30 with a £10 discount etc? I think I would be right in saying that probably none of the people when buying were told the rpi would be applied to the price before the discount, if they were even told it was a discounted rate, they probably didn't even know it was a discounted tariff until they got their first bill. All most people worry about is the price they will pay every month, how the network do the maths to get to that figure is their problem.