Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

EU Roaming After June 2017

wwhyte92
7: Helper
7: Helper

Morning all,

I'm currently midway through a 24 month contract I started in March 2016 which therefore doesn't have any free EU roaming included within my bundle, meaning I have to pay £3 per day for the Vodafone EuroTraveller add on when abroad.

I'm aware that in June new EU regulations will come into place that scrap roaming charges whilst in any contries part of the European Union. However, does anybody know if this will apply to ALL customers (including existing) or just new contracts taken out after June?

I tried asking over Live Chat but the people I got through to only seemed to want to get me to upgrade my bundle to include an amount of roaming, rather than fully understanding my question.

I can't seem to find anything official on the Vodafone website regarding this, so if anyone knows any details or has a link to an official word on the matter it would be appreciated.

(and before anyone else points it out, yes I do realise today is an ironic day to be asking about this considering Article 50 being triggered).

3 REPLIES 3

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there,

My understanding of the rules is that it does apply to all meaning you will be able to use your allowances abroad without having to pay £3 per day for EuroTraveller.

You'll probably find the Vodafone website, and staff information portals won't be updated till closer to the time, if not on the actual day itself.

Roll on June 15th! 

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Take it with as much salt as you wish but Vodafone's Chief has suggested that reintroduction of charges is "not very logical" and that the UK could be treated the same way as Switzerland currently is... 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/02/28/vodafone-boss-says-brexit-will-not-lead-hike-mobile-p...

@TimGriff6 I don't think Scotland need worry, once the wall is rebuilt, which England will pay for btw, there will be no way the sassenachs will get close enough! Hahaha

TimGriff6
13: Advanced Member

And the lion of Alnwick will be wagging its tail pretty much continuously as well?

:smileyhappy: