Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy Note 3 sky sports issue

mrlavalava
4: Newbie

I have opted for the sky sports pack on my new contract but the app won't let me set it up. It keeps saying I need to turn off my wifi and use 3g/4G to set it up. I have done this but I keep getting the same error message come up. I've reinstalled and this has made no difference. Having read up on this it would appear to be a previous issue. However having followed previous advice, I have verified my account online with Sky and this seems to have made no difference 

I have telephoned the Vodafone helpline. I took 45 minutes to be advised this wasn’t a Vodafone issue and Sky will be contacting me? I have waited nearly a week and have had no phone call.

Help 😞

55 REPLIES 55

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mrlavalava,

Thanks for posting. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 isn't currently listed as a compatible device here.

I'm very sorry if this wasn't made clear at the point of sale. If you got the phone from Vodafone directly, then I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here so we can discuss your options.

Many thanks, Ben

mrlavalava
4: Newbie

Hi Ben,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes it was sold to me as part of the initial sales promotion. So I’m guessing I'm not the only one.

It was either sky or spotify.

However, from earlier threads from note 3 owners, this has been fixed! And now works - ok? 19/10/13 author sunny1

Hi mrlavalava,

Have you tried removing the SIM from the device and restarting it?

Then replace the SIM, switch on the Note 3, restart the app and see if you can complete the set up.

I can see we’ve received the email you sent in yesterday so will be with you as soon as we can.

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Andy,

No joy with the removal of the SIM. Still the same wifi & 3G/4G error warning.

I've also gone through numerous previous posting on the subject posted over the last few months and tried previous fixes to no avail. 

Why is this the sky package being sold with the Note 3 if it doesn't work and appears a known fault?

It also strikes me I'm wasting an awful lot of my time trying to fix this! Whilst the app maybe free, my time isn't as witnessed by the grief "er in doors" is giving me. :smileyfrustrated:

Hi mrlavalava,

This does work with your phone, however it can sometimes take a bit of time to fully setup with both your Vodafone account and Sky.

The only thing we can do is wait for this to go through.

James

AZB86
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I too have the same problem but have been waiting since before Christmas for a phone call from vodafone to tell me this issue was resolved!!!! I spent many hours on the phone to vodafone and sky as well as many emails to and fro only to be told Vodafone would contact me to save me keep ringing them....no phone call after nearly 6 weeks...not good enough! I have tried all the advice on here and nothing is working. Have been told by Vodafone that my 12 month subscription is on hold until i am able to activate it so i hope this is the case! Please can someone help me to get it working?!?!?!?

Many Thanks!

I have had the note 3 since end of november 2013 and still no luck with this app working. Had poor customer service from vodafone who told me before xmas they would call me when it had been sorted....still no phone call and app still doesnt work.

Please help!!!!!

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi AZB86, 

It shouldn't have taken this long so drop us an email so that we can investigate further. 

Take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks, 

Kay

Hi,

Furter to a request and for the avoidance of doubt, this is the message that I get.

This will look familiar to many owners.

Thanks