Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy Note 3 sky sports issue

mrlavalava
4: Newbie

I have opted for the sky sports pack on my new contract but the app won't let me set it up. It keeps saying I need to turn off my wifi and use 3g/4G to set it up. I have done this but I keep getting the same error message come up. I've reinstalled and this has made no difference. Having read up on this it would appear to be a previous issue. However having followed previous advice, I have verified my account online with Sky and this seems to have made no difference 

I have telephoned the Vodafone helpline. I took 45 minutes to be advised this wasn’t a Vodafone issue and Sky will be contacting me? I have waited nearly a week and have had no phone call.

Help 😞

55 REPLIES 55

....continued..

And then you get this with the wi-fi off

Please try to fix, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mrlavalava

We have had some known faults for the last few days, which have now been resolved.

The reason I mention this is because any validation requirements have not gone through for many services.

Now this is back up and running, please can you try to register again and let us know how you get on.

DaveCD

Hi 

Thanks for the further advice. 

No joy with the account - yet I'm affraid.

Have tried again removing the SIM, rebooting, etc Uninstalling - reinstalling.. basically starting from scratch

Any other bright ideas? Getting a bit frustrated by the lack of progress....

Help

Hi mrlavalava,

I’m sorry to see that the Sky Sports pack still isn’t working for you.

I can see we replied to your email on 24 January.

Once we’ve received your reply, we’ll be with you as soon as we can.

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Andy,

I messaged you yesterday.

Will send again

Hi Andy,

I have now messaged you 3 times. 

I look forward to your response

Hi Chaps,

is it posible to confirm does the Sky Sports "free" offer actually work on the Galaxy note 3???

IF YES, can you confirm what are the issues?

Is this an issue of accessing, for the first time, via 3G not 4G?

Is this a Vodafone issue or Sky?

If no, I feel I should be offered a refund.

Help, this is driving nuts

virago03
2: Seeker

hi I also have been sold note 3 for sky sports does it work or not ????

AZB86
I have emailed as you said but still no reply and app still not working. Really really poor customer service.
Not happy 😞

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

AZB86 - I can see we replied to your email yesterday asking for further details. If you need a faster response, please speak to the Live help team who are online 24/7.

mrlavalava - The 4G pack compatibility list can be found here. These are the devices we can support. Although the app is available on other phones, we can't guarantee the use of them. Sky also recognises that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 isn't currently supported for their apps on their forum here

viragro03 - If your case has already been escalated then the IT team will be in touch when they have an update. 

Many thanks, Ben