cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How can I get my mobile number to ring with a UK ring tone when I am abroad?

Greymouse
2: Seeker

When I am overseas, callers sometimes tell me that when they call me they hear an overseas ring tone. I would prefer they hear the standard UK ring tone.

My plan is Vodafone Business Premier.

Do you have any ideas please?

I once heard that OneNetExpress always gives a UK ring tone, even when the phone is overseas.

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi From what I've read their isn't a preference to what the other person hears when dialing. It's either a normal tone or an overseas one. I would think if a person is ringing from the UK on a UK mobile to a UK mobile abroad it would be a normal tone.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

@BandOfBrothers wrote:
. I would think if a person is ringing from the UK on a UK mobile to a UK mobile abroad it would be a normal tone.

No that isn't the case - it does vary but the reason for it is a mystery. It works the same the other way around as well. Sometimes calling from overseas back to the UK gives a normal ringing noise and sometimes a foreign sounding ringing tone.

It has to be to do with the way the roaming network is handling the traffic in some way.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Greymouse

If UK callers call me and I am overseas, when my phone rings they hear an overseas ring tone. (I am concerned about what they hear, not what I hear.)

Is there any way or plan so that they hear just the standard UK ring tone?

Somebody once told me if I had OnetExpress, callers would always hear the UK ring tone.

This is eveidently important to some subscribers, as a non-Vodafone service offers this for their own numbers: www.ttnc.co.uk/other-services/uk-ringtone. This cannot be used while I susscribe to Vodafone.

63johnw
Hi, your other thread here

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-products-services/How-can-I-get-my-mobile-number-to-ring...

The information given is true and there is not a way that you can change it with any of the UK networks, googling gets the same results on various networks saying it isn't possible.

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

#deleted#

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

I've always found that if I have voicemail switched on then even when I'm in Greece, callers hear the UK ring tone and then the voicemail kicks in if I don't answer.

If, however, I cancel my voicemail diverts then they hear the Greek ring tone when they call.