Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I'm a liar?

Climhazzard
3: Seeker
My data just ran out after 1Gb, I got a text saying so. I thought this be funny as I have unlimited data. So got in touch with Vodafone to be told I'm lying, we've never done an unlimited data bundle. That's funny I say, why does my screen say 20Gb allowance and called unlimited. No your lying, my screen doesn't say that and if it does take into store. Would it not be easier to be able to post a screen shot. I live absolutely miles from any store. Outrageous customer service to be told more than once I'm lying.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@Climhazzard

Overnight I started wondering whether you were signed up to the right bundle for your pattern of usage.

With a Freebie Data, and topping up £30, you get 1GB of data, and you say you then spend the £30 for other usage. But just 100 UK minutes at 30p per min would get through the whole £30.

So I reckon you'd get more usage out of the £15 Big Value Bundle, let alone one of the higher value ones

BVBs.JPG

They all now come with Data Rollover (see the details on the link above), so any data unused in a "light" month would roll forward to the next BVB for a maximum of 30 days. If you travel within Europe, you'd also get the benefit of roaming allowances if you went for the top-end £30 BVB.

I realise you may want the present situation sorted out more clearly to your satisfaction, but in the long run you might do well to consider the usage you want from your phone, and consider opting out of the Freebie Data, wait until the current one has expired, then switching to a BVB.

View solution in original position

34 REPLIES 34

Annie_N

@Climhazzard

If you are opted in to the Freebie Data, then any top-up of £20 or above will give you the £20 Freebie Data, which actually gives you 1GB of data, valid for 30 days, as shown in the list which @BandOfBrothers has posted.

However, something does seem to have gone wrong with what the online My Vodafone account and the MyVodafone app are showing. On 4th Dec I accidentally topped up by £20 rather than my usual £10, and was pretty startled to be told by my online account that I had unlimited data. At that point it wasn't as clear-cut as it is now, but it has since "developed" somewhat. My Freebie has since run out, and been replaced by my usual £10 version, giving 500MB of data.

However, my long-suffering husband agreed to top up by £20 rather than £10 to see what happened, and he also was told this unlikely story. As his Freebie is still active, he has provided me with the following screenshots:

App front page:

Screenshot_2017-01-07-15-18-33.png

App Products & Services page:

Screenshot_2017-01-07-15-17-27.png

Online account:

FD 20GBP allowance 2.JPG

The reference to 20GBP is to currency (pounds sterling) rather than to an amount of data.

The confirmation text correctly refers to 1GB of data.

Using 2345 to try to establish your remaining allowance either produces a glottal stop or hits the buffers, but doesn't mention an unlimited allowance.

I live in an area of rather poor signal, so my usual monthly consumption of data is around 100MB, but after some hard thought and a trip to the nearest 4G location, I did manage to get through 1GB of data on my phone, and was promptly charged for the excess.

I did report this strange occurrence to Vodafone, as I could envisage that informing customers incorrectly that they had unlimited data might cause trouble. I rather assumed it was some new error, but your report suggests it may have been going on for a while. Presumably you use a fair bit of data, and it wasn't a case that you stayed within your 1GB allowance for the first couple of months, but have now got through your allowance this time around? That would make sense of the situation, except that you feel that you have been getting through more data than that?? Perhaps for a while there was an error which actually gave unlimited data?? If so, I couldn't have taken advantage of it, but I'm sad if I missed it!

I can understand that CS staff might be a bit thrown by your description, as there hasn't been such a product offered. However, all sorts of errors can occur, so suggesting that a customer is lying really isn't helpful.

You still have a post with a link to a screenshot showing your number. For your security, I'll move that whole post to archive

Annie_N

@Climhazzard

Overnight I started wondering whether you were signed up to the right bundle for your pattern of usage.

With a Freebie Data, and topping up £30, you get 1GB of data, and you say you then spend the £30 for other usage. But just 100 UK minutes at 30p per min would get through the whole £30.

So I reckon you'd get more usage out of the £15 Big Value Bundle, let alone one of the higher value ones

BVBs.JPG

They all now come with Data Rollover (see the details on the link above), so any data unused in a "light" month would roll forward to the next BVB for a maximum of 30 days. If you travel within Europe, you'd also get the benefit of roaming allowances if you went for the top-end £30 BVB.

I realise you may want the present situation sorted out more clearly to your satisfaction, but in the long run you might do well to consider the usage you want from your phone, and consider opting out of the Freebie Data, wait until the current one has expired, then switching to a BVB.

Climhazzard
Yes, 3 times. I bought a phone and a payg sim from Vodafone store. As the bundle I was offered "always on" was just what I needed. I have topped up since, no problem with previous 2 months, now not working and apparently doesn't or ever existed.

Climhazzard
I can't really make it any clearer than that. Constantly explaining to them and telling me I'm sorry sir you're lying we have have never done this bundle. So why does my phone+ account say otherwise? It doesn't show that on our screen. Instead of calling me a liar, how about come up with a solution where I can show you what I see? Anyway enough. I will change my sim for another.

It may be confusion with the description given by the retailer.  "Always On" is used by Giff Giff to describe their offering, which does offer unlimited however at slower speeds during certain times of the day. 

Just a thought.  Regardless, 191 should be able to give an up to date balance of what has actually been used.