Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming Calls on iPhone 5 going straight to Voicemail

katherinelau
2: Seeker
Hey, I've had real trouble with my phone today!! Incoming calls are not coming through and going straight to voicemail and had no record of missed calls, despite having full signal etc. I asked colleagues at work to call me which all came through fine, but they were sat right next to me.. I have not got call forwarding on or anything and texts and iMessages are working fine. Please give me some advice!!

Thanks
Katherine
253 REPLIES 253

I have just read through all of the posts relating to this issue as I am having exactly the same problem but no one can seem to sort this out, please keep us updated.

Hi Fitzyboy2000,

I can see that James replied to your other post here asking you to take a look at our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you post on that thread with the template from step 7, we’ll take a closer look at the area.

In the meantime, try dialling ##002# on your phone.

This will cancel any active diverts you have in place.

The other option is to dial 1210 to turn off voicemail and see if calls then come through.

If this doesn’t help, dial 1211 to turn voicemail back on.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Andy

Hi 

Just sat down and read all the issues regarding  calls going straight to voice mail. i have had the same issue for a few months its really frustrating especially when you run your own business the other issue is that text messages are also a little lazy.

Resetting the carrier manually seems to work but its a pain, quite frankly a pain I could do without.

I have tried all the workarounds to no avail.

PLEASE HELP.

Regards

Kev

Mellie_wright
It's been at least 3 months and my phone is still doing this, despite numerous posts on the forum and replies from the tech team as above. So many people are having this problem there is clearly a genuine issue and not just a 'maybe it's the hand set/ sim/ DND left on/signal' issue. Will someone in Vodafone please reassure me that this is being taken seriously and a solution being sought?

Sorry techy guys and girls - but I agree.

If it's the problem it appears to be, surely someone in the tech department should be trying to replicate it - and then come up with a solution.

To my mind, getting 'random' peopke to try what appears to be increasingly 'random' changes to 'phones, sims etc is not the answer.  It shouldn't be our problem - it should be yours!

Hi Mellie_wright,

So we can rule out the SIM as a possible cause, can you get a replacement?

A Vodafone store will supply one to you free of charge.

Also, can you confirm you’ve definitely got voicemail turned on.

Another thing to check is that your phone is on the latest version of iOS.

If everything is fine, can you let me have your postcode so that we can check the network in your area?

Hi apwseaside,

If we can’t replicate the issue, we’d be unable to say for certain what the cause is.

At the moment, with only a few people being affected, we have to treat them on a case by case basis.

Can you follow the suggestions I made above to see if they help?

Cheers,

Andy

Turn off 4g for the day and see what happens :Laughing_Face:

My problem is ongoing since December with a replacement iphone and new sim not making any difference.  The problem did not show itself immediately with the new phone but after about 4 weeks.  The sim was ok for about 48 hours.  

I have just tried a standard sim in an old phone to see if the problem is still there but I have not had any missed calls to my knowledge.  Every time I try the number from the home phone it works fine.  I do not use the old phone as much and it does not have 3g or internet but does receive calls and texts.

I am about to go back into my iphone today with a new nano sim to see if the problems are still there.  If this is the case I will go back to Apple.  I am expecting the calls to go to voicemail within about 48 hours.  I believe it to be some sort of issue with the 3g/4g connection dropping and the phone not being recognised so therefore unavailable like another poster put on earllier.  

I shall let you know how I get on!

pjo1976
Once again, missed calls throughout the day, 3 different locations, I will be going down to the vodafone store at the weekend and cancelling my contract, and I will not be paying the fee, I'll go to consumer rights first to see where I stand, Vodajoke, shocking service for a big company!!

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@pjo1976 wrote:
Once again, missed calls throughout the day, 3 different locations, I will be going down to the vodafone store at the weekend and cancelling my contract, and I will not be paying the fee, I'll go to consumer rights first to see where I stand, Vodajoke, shocking service for a big company!!

Be careful - you're only going to land yourself in a great big pile of you know what.  A local fault or issue with your handset doesn't give you the right to exit your contract without penalty.  If you want to leave, you'll have to pay the Early Termination Fee for the time remaining in your contract.  If you don't, all that will happen is that you will end up with a default on your credit file that will remain there for 6 years and will affect your ability to get credit.

If you continue not to pay, the debt will be handed over to debt collectors.

Now, please could you go through the steps in the Network Troubleshooting Guide and post the template with your results back here so that the eForum Team can investigate the issue for you.

PWIAC