cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K3805-z usb modem - how can I install it?

pfreeman
1: Seeker
Hi,

I have been having problems installing the new K3805-z USB Vodafone modem on our machines (Windows XP SP3). I have updatd our Vodafone software from 9.4.4 to 9.4.6 to see if this resolves the issue but the modem is still not working.

The problem seems to be that the drivers for the new usb modem aren't being installed when the stick is inserted into a USB port. Consequently, when launching Vodafone 9.4.6, the software cannot find the modem (No device).

As we are based in a corprate environment and we feel that installing the VMCLite software is not an option. I would be grateful if you could offer me a solution to this issue. I have noticed a number of threads similar to this one regarding the K3805-z stick, all with unsuccessful recommendations.

Regards

Paul
11 REPLIES 11

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi there Pfreeman,

I've sent an email to your registered address as we're currently aware of some users having problems with installation and we're collating information so as to effectively resolve the issue.

It's also worth noting that this particular device is not compatible with any VMC version other than the preinstalled version which is 9.4.8, which is currently unavailable for download.

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum team

simplebob15
4: Newbie
Hi there,

I've also had problems with my K3805 device loading drivers and noticed that the drivers get stored in a different location in the Vodafone folders compared to my old device (I had a K3760 before).

I had tried to use the 9.4.6 and like you this didnt fix it. So went back to 9.4.8 off the device and had a look around. The drivers for the K3805 look like theyre stored in this folder: c:\program files\vodafone\vodafone mobile connect\hwdrivers\9d6642b1-f008-44d9-95ec-9a955598dfa4 rather than the C:\Program Files\Vodafone\Vodafone Mobile Connect\Drivers folder which appears to be where the drivers are stored for all the other device models.

So basically went into windows device manager and pointed the problem entries at this folder manually and it started loading drivers correctly. It does seem to load a lot of different devices, so had to repeat this @6-8 times, but once done the Voda software sees the device no problems.

Cheers
Bob

montypannufttech
Not applicable
SimpleBob,

thanks very much for your post, I've been trying for a couple days on two separate laptops that our sales team take out with them to install the dongle drivers and tried your method and it worked a treat.

thanks again,

Monty

gosssmith
Not applicable
Well, I've been trying to install the K3805-Z for four weeks, on a brand new hard drive, XP Pro, SP3, all updates installed, Microsoft Installer Version 4.5, Visual Basic Script, Shockwave player, all installed (VBS by default with OS), Kaspersky 2009 updated, enabled an disabled, all on a Dell Inspiron 1501 with 1GB memory. Not only does the software itself run like treacle, it also displays "no network" (yes I do have coverage) even though the tell tale flashes green or blue. It seems that the device is not being installed as a modem, as it shows four instances under "other devices" in the device manager, prompts for software installation, and fails to find the necessary software to install the devices by any method. Very disappointing as I got this stick on condition that I renewed the contract for another 18 months. Any clues? Guess I'd better look in c:\program files\vodafone\vodafone mobile connect\hwdrivers\9d6642b1-f008-44d9-95ec-9a955598dfa4, but really, not stisfactory is it Vodafone, to supply customers with equipment which is so time consuming. I'll go back to the Huawei if this persists.

gosssmith
Not applicable
Manaul install from c:\program files\vodafone\vodafone mobile connect\hwdrivers\9d6642b1-f008-44d9-95ec-9a955598dfa4 worked fine. Software still runs like treacle though. Does anybody else experience this or have any suggestions?

jp636
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello need help !!

VMB LITE 10.0.302.24346 not installing to the end . i get to part that says starting srevices and then it rolls back and not installed . I have tryied everything on the web possible to fix issue and no success .

Many days of hell. I have installed with out virus program , cleaned registry , cleaned composite and mass usb from device manager , clean boot, have the latest .net framework .  I am running windows xp professional version 2002 service pack3   pentium4 2.60ghz 3gb of ram.

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED !!!

thx

I am running xp sp3, the software loads but the k3805-z drivers fail to load correctly.

The error message I am gettin is unknown trust provider during the driver install of the vodafone modem only, I think there are four instances of this in device manager,

Anyone any ideas

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pat24 and welcome to the eForum

Thanks for your post here. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. I appreciate how frustrating it must be for you.

Can you remove all instances of the modem from the device manager. Then, remove the modem and restart your computer. Once started up re-insert the modem and try again.

If this deosn't work, head over to our business website and download the full version of the Vodafone Mobile Broadband software and give that a go.

Vodafone Mobile Broadband Software.

Let me know how you get on and if you have any more questions let me know

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Hi Wayne

Thanks for the response, firstly I would just like to state that there was nothing wrong with the dongle supplied by vodafone.

The problem was with xp itself, I am running xp sp3 as required.

The problem:  when trying to install it would install the basic usb drivers no problem but when it got to the actual modem drivers it failed with the error message "an error occured during the installation of this device.... unknown trust provider"

After googling for the best part of the day I stumbled across a fix for that particular error, although it seemed unrelated to the problem I was having I thought I would give it a go (the fix was for windows update problem) and guess what it fixed my problem.

Here is the fix

1. Create a batch file and copy the following contents in it and then double click on it to register modules.

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\vbscript.dll
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\mshtml.dll
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\msjava.dll
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\jscript.dll
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\msxml.dll
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll

2. Restart the Windows Update and Automatic service

3. Stop the Cryptographic Service

4. Remove the folder \Windows\System32\Catroot2

5. Rename the \Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder.

This above folder is the restoration point for Windows Update service.

6. Now restart the Cryptographic Service.

7. Create another batch file and put the following lines in it and then double click on it to register the modules:

regsvr32 /s Softpub.dll
regsvr32 /s Mssip32.dll
regsvr32 /s Initpki.dll
regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll
regsvr32 Urlmon.dll
regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 Msjava.dll
regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
regsvr32 msxml.dll
regsvr32 msxml2.dll
regsvr32 msxml3.dll
regsvr32 Browseui.dll
regsvr32 shell32.dll
regsvr32 wuapi.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32 wucltui.dll
regsvr32 wups.dll
regsvr32 wuweb.dll
regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 atl.dll
regsvr32 Mssip32.dll

This fix is designed for nt but dont worry it will work with xp it just fails to load certain parts of the batch commands.

Sorry for the long post but if it saves someone the hassle that I had then it will be woth it. if you dont know how to create batch files I will attach them here if required

Pat