Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

M8 camera lens scratch problem

nops
4: Newbie

Hi All, 

Just thought I would post my comments about the HTC M8 that I got on the Vodafone network (I love the phone and the 4G speeds and the free boombass was the icing on the cake!)

It seems that there is a slight manufactring flaw in the camera lens fitting on some of the M8 devices. The lens cover is easily prone to hazing up and as a result the camera starts taking poor quality pictures. After a bit of reearch, i found numerous forum articles about others having the same problem. 

Thankfully its fixed very easily. Step by step instructions in this video 

http://youtu.be/09k9t3Y2BJg

18 REPLIES 18

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If you have had this Less the 14 Days ( as of the 11th of June) then get this back to Vodafone for exchange

I also have this issue but do not think I trust putting Brasso on my phone, how long do vodafone take to repair phones? 

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi nops and ScottRand,

As Northern-dj has advised, if you're within your 14 day cooling off period, this can be exchanged, see here for how to get in touch. (Thanks)

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

If you're outside of the cooling off period, take a look at our Vodafone Repairs Thread. This can be found here.

DaveCD

Im out of the 14 days period so would be out of the exchnage period. 

Also the lens scratching effect only appeard abotu a month after i got the phone. 

Anyway, Brasso fixed it for me. Appreciate soem people may be aprehensive about using brasso on thier camera. 

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi nops,

Thanks for the update.

Hi ScottRand,

We can certainly look at your options for you.

Email us here and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Andy

I have a similar problem where the lens cover has cracked. Again doing a search on the internet, this seems to be a common fault. Can someone from vodafone advise me what can be done. I have had the phone maybe two months

I'm having the same problem as you and within my 14 day period.  Vodafone denies that there is a problem and the Store Manager refused to exchange.

Hi @InderjitNijjer,

You don't need to state a reason for returning the phone within 14 days. 

Which store is this that you tried to exchange the phone?

Thanks,

Matt B

Walsall story, Saddler Centre.  Manager said he would not excahnge because of physical damage.  But the only reason I want to exchange is because of the physical damage!