cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving number (without finishing contract)

LeeDsu
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I have a contract with Vodafone and have been using it in work. It's got to the stage that customers were ringing at night so work have given me a new phone on another network. But my number is well known to my customers and I want to keep it on my works phone. I've been onto chat and told it is possible to have a new sym with a new number and transfer my number using the pac code. Web chat have ordered my sym card but hadn't received the pac code. I popped into a Vodafone shop and was told that using the pac code would cancel my contract and I would be given a cancellation fee even though 2 web chat operators have told me otherwise.

Who is correct?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

If you move your number onto the new contract without first finishing your original contract then an Early Termination Fee would be applicable because moving the number effectively ends the contract. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @LeeDsu

This is a difficult one for sure.  When you use a PAC code, it will end the contract leaving you liable for all the early termination charges. 

If Vodafone have told you it's possible to have a new SIM with a different number, not sure how it could even be done, as soon as the number is changed, it would override and replace the number you wanted to keep, meaning you would have lost the number you wanted to move to your new works phone.