Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC pulling my hair out

cheggs
4: Newbie

Been trying to get my code now for the last week with little success filled out the form just to be told must be active for 30 days  even though i just finished a 2yr contract , anyway after a lot of mucking about sending emails and web chats spoke to someone on twitter who phoned me and we found it was all down to the imei number which i hadnt realised  had changed when sony repaired my phone in september . So i sent them a copy of reciept of proof that they changed the number also had been using phone since beginning of october , mind you wouldnt of happened if retentions kept their word and let me have the deal offered.

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Unfortunatley one of the issues we sometimes see here is if a phone is replaced by someone other than Vodafone they won't have the imei number logged. 

I hope you norms get the unlocking code soon. 

The Retentions Department have a list of phones they can do deals on but if someone is after a high end flagship or recently launched phone model then they can't do much. 

It's the same with Tariffs. They can apply deals which would show as a discount on your bill but then they can only do do much. 

My advice to someone considering to leaving a network to chase a discount or particular model of phone is to test out signal and data speeds where they reside, commute and work beforehand with a Payg SIM card. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The Phone which was supplied by vodafone was repaired  by sony  (motherboard changed and camera) and I have sent them details of this , it states on invoice old imei number and the new one, I have even gone to sony and they wont provide a nuc number. I have been using the phone since 1st or 2nd oct.

The deal they offered was a sim only deal with a price which included my vea discount but when i went to apply it they turned round and said i cant have it so that was that.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@cheggs We'd be happy to help you get things sorted 🙂

As we'll need to access your account to assist, please contact our team using the link in the private message I've sent. 

Thanks but had an email today saying the code is on its way ( I hope)

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@cheggs This is great to hear 😃 Thanks for taking the time to let us know. 

If you do need any further help with this, please get in touch.