cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Need urgent billing help .... need someone who can process payment lost in limbo

ah1680
2: Seeker

So in short ...

Called 191 this morning and went through to the automated payments service. Put all my details in as requested and it got to the end of the automated payment announcements when it said "sorry we cannot take this pyament at this time" or words to that effect.

Strange i thought as Ive never had a payments issues before with the automated payments system.

Sidenote : reason i use automated payments service is because the times ive attempted to setup a direct debit vodafone has never ever processed a DD correctly / successfully from my account despite me using numerous other services by DD without issue.

Anyway, checked my bank account after and sure enough, the amount for which i attempted to make the payment for is being withheld in my bank. For those not familiar, your bank with holds the funds and sends the transaction authorisation code to vodafones system for them to then come along and collect the money from your bank.

The problem I have is that I suspect that because the automated system thought it had failed, it wont have a record of the authorisation code, as a result the money wont be claimed and will sit in my bank with held for 5 working days.

The problem I have is the payment is due 2nd June and 5 working days from now is cutting it close to me having a late payment. Ive spoken to complaints and billing team this morning and both were abhorrently useless and obviously not trained for this situation. All I need is someone competent from Vodafone to take the authorisation code from me (which the bank gave me for the failed automated payment attempt) and go into your systems and recall the transaction and process it with the authorisation code i have.

If a vodafone moderator sees this please please please i need someone who can help, not someone who isnt trained to deal with this.

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

ah1680

So theres no one who can help ? i just have to accept the money will be sat ring fenced in my bank for 5 days ?

Time to cancel my contracts ......

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @ah1680, apologies for the delay in reaching your post.

We'd like to resolve this for you. So we can help with this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us directly. 

Once we receive your details we'll be in touch as soon as possible to discuss this further.

Just to add this never was resolved and no folliow up or help from 191 as promised was ever receIved either.

Eventually the money went back to my account again. But its no wonder that yet again Vodafone are bottom of the pile with EE for customer service

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/05/h1-2017-uk-mobile-network-survey-ranks-ee-vodafone-bott...

Please understand this is not aimed at anyone especially not the forum members (including forums mods) who try and help out, but cmon Vodafone is it unreasonable for paying customers to ask for customer service in times of help ?

I rarely had to use customer service in the past, but the number of issues I have had lately ontop of this fiasco with you incorrectly ring fencing money in my bank account has led me to believe as a company you just dont care about giving good service anymore. Im really disheartened by the bad service and will have to review if i seriously stay or not because i cant put up with incompetence or billing inaccuracies or a company that when a member of staff promises to sort something out, or, promises to follow up with a phone call and doesnt, then that is out of order. Just be honest with customers and say you just dont care !!!!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ah1680 Thanks for updating us and I'm sorry to hear you feel this way.

We're here to help with any queries that you may have in the future - if you experience any further issues, please don't hesitate to reply back to my post and we'll be happy to help.

We appreciate the feedback that you've given us, and will use this to improve our future customer service.