Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No 4G Signal in BD8 Since "Planned Maintenance"

halfacree
1: Seeker

The 4G signal appears to have gone down since "planned maintenance" was carried out in my area on the 6th of November. I noticed the problem on the 7th, reported it on the 8th via Twitter, and there is still no 4G signal - but, far more telling, the fault checker still claims ignorance of any known faults in my area.

Here is a copy of the fault-reporting template as sent via DM to the @VodafoneUK account on the morning of the 9th, by request.

1) Happens at my house and nearby environs; haven't yet discovered where the problem ceases.

2) BD8 0LF

3) Yes, and also with a different Vodafone SIM card in either phone.

4) As explained: there is no Vodafone 4G signal, and hasn't been since maintenance work was carried out on the network in my area five days ago. I can connect via 2G and 3G just fine, but there is no Vodafone 4G signal - despite being able to see 4G signals from other networks, including O2, EE, and Three, perfectly on the same handsets. Vodafone's own coverage checker says that I should receive a good 4G signal indoors and outdoors, and indeed up until the maintenance five days ago I could.

5) 4G only, as above.

6) Five days ago, when the maintenace was completed.

7) Permanent

Attached is a screenshot of the networks visible to my phone and a connectivity report from OpenSignal: note that 4G networks of other providers are available. Note also that the same problem can be seen on an entirely separate handset using an entirely separate SIM card on an entire separate Vodafone contract and that both handsets and SIM cards worked fine until the "maintenance" was carried out.

Since I'm getting the runaround on Twitter, I thought I'd try here - or I'll just request my PAC after over two decades as a Vodafone customer and move to one of the providers who can maintain a 4G network.

Visible networks - note there's no Vodafone 4G in the listVisible networks - note there's no Vodafone 4G in the list

No 4G connection available.No 4G connection available.

1 REPLY 1

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@halfacree - Thanks for taking your time to post those examples and I’m sorry if this is causing any inconvenience.

I’ve checked your local serving 4G site (10103) and there haven’t been any recent visits or any faults logged for it.

So that we can look into this with our network engineers, please send us your details by following the steps in this private message.