Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAC Code request

Risekr
2: Seeker

To try and make a long story short, I have had a mobile number since 2010 that was registered with another company BUT the number is registered on the Vodafone Network.  The company has gone under BUT my number still works. I can receive calls and text messages but I cannot top it up. As such, i would like to get the PAC code from you to port the number to a new provider.

Can I give you the phone nubmer and you send the PAC code to that number?

5 REPLIES 5

Risekr

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

A Pac code would only be issued to the owner / account holder of that number. 

I fear if it was under the umbrella of the failed business then Vodafone wouldn't possibly see you as the rightful owner and issue the code. 

Customer service on 191 or live chat will clarify. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hmmm

This is different to what the porting department told me. So I don't accept this answer.

That said, did you really investigate or are you guessing?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Risekr As @AnnS and @BandOfBrothers are two of our Community Champions on the Community page, they don't have access to be able to investigate your issue.

They are however, able to provide you with their expert advice for the situation.

If you wish to continue speaking to the Porting team, that's entirely up to yourself, or you may wish to try the steps as advised above. 

Either way, please let us know how you get on. :smileyhappy:

AnnS

Hi @Risekr

As this is PAYG, you shouldn't have any problems gettings a PAC code.  I suspect the reason for you being unable to top up is with the number being PAYG, it has been partially disconnected for non use.

The first thing to do is to have a live chat and explain the situation, as you are still able to receive calls, there is a good chance of being able to get the number fully back into service on the Vodafone network.  

As soon as you have the number fully online on the network, this is going to mean topping up and making some chargeable activity.  You should then be in a good position to use live chat again and get your PAC.