Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Paying for Spotify

Richy_01
4: Newbie

I've just renewed my contract with Voda taking a sim only deal with 12 months entertainment pack. All good except never got anything about taking up the offer. went on live chat and told to text to 97613 and duly got a text back with a link to follow. This gave me the choice of Spotify only and to pay 9.99 a month. Told the support agent who made light of it and said don't worry you won't be charged. So took the offer and got a text back saying a month free then 9.99 - this somehow did not surprise me. I'm told not to worry as I won't be charged and the 'transcript' is on my file saying as much.

So this morning checking in via my vodafone app and there is 9.99 put on my next bill. Will I have to contact vodafone every month now to have a fight about this 9.99?? I was told not to worry as I wouldn't be charged. Funnily whatever is on my bill goes out my bank account to Vodafone. Why can't you people get this to work correctly without annoying your customers? I just feel like I've made a mistake and should have moved to EE as I thought about doing. 

6 REPLIES 6

T_Scarface_M
16: Advanced member

Hi Richy_01,

This should be an easy fix for customer services.

Did you sign up for this on WIFI? If so that's where you might have went wrong.

You have to sign up through your mobile signal so it recognises your number. It would have then taken you to Spotify and it would have signed you up for the length of your offer through Vodafone as opposed to signing up for Spotify's free month offer.

I would advise to cancel Spotify just now so you won't be charged. Plus you will need to wait until you are non premium subscriber before you can apply Vodafone's offer. 

Please call Vodafone on 191 or speak to someone on Web chat to discuss if you still have the Spotify voucher to use. This will save you anymore hassle than you have already endured.

Hope this helps.

Getafix

It does not matter what connection you use to sign up.

You can also sign up using a Computer.

The issue here is, The Entertainment Pack has not been registered against the Account. So when you go to sign up, it only offers you chargeable services.

Op, suggest use live chat or call 191, ask for £9.99 credit, then ask them to reinstate the Entertainment Pack. Once they have done that, go to the link you had and you should see the the option to sign for any of the 3 Entertainment Pack.

Before that, ask Spotify to cancel your Premium Subscription. And before you sign up again make sure it is a Normal Account.

My Spotify subscription had ended as was my 12 month sim only contract. Took an upgrade that included the entertainment pack. I never got a voucher so contacted live support. 

They told me to text that number and 'entertainment'. Got a text back and followed link. I thought I was subscribing to Spotify by paying through voda. Expressed my doubts but was told it was fine to go ahead and WOULD NOT BE CHARGED. Seems I may have been chatting with an idiot?

I didn't connect over WiFi btw. I dont think I've been offered a token for entertainment pack. 

Is there such a thing as an easy fix with this outfit? This is third or forth time I've had this going on with their freebies. Always been a different issue. We're at least 3 years on and it's still a shambles. I'll ring support later. I presume I have a 14 day cooling off period and could cancel my phone contract , get  a pac and port to EE - what could possibly go wrong? 

It seems like like the Entertainment Pack option hasn't been applied to your tarriff I suspect. 

Calling Customer service on 191 will sort this out for you.

They just need to add the Entertainment Bundle to your package and it should work, this can be done on the call.

Just be mindful that you must cancel the Spotify Subscription now, you will keep your Premium status until the date that Spotify will state to you. 

Once you're a basic user again when Premium runs out then please follow the steps again to apply the Entertainment Pack.

Hope you get this sorted.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Richy_01 so we can look into this issue you're having with your Spotify subscription, please contact us via the link in the Private Message I've sent you 😊

Getafix

As you are now signed up to a Paid Spotify Subsciption, that would be valid until the next payment is due.

So you would have an active subscription.

You need to ask Vodafone to stop the next Payment and reset you Entertainment Pack. At same time cancel the Subscription with Spotify to make sure it returns to Normal.

Once it is back to Normal, then you can go through the process of signing up again. And only do so if it is showing as Free.

If not showing as Free, then get in touch with Vodafone and ask them to reset it. And make sure you insist they reset and not sign up to paid one. Or else you will have to go through this again,