Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Payment problem with vodafone

rubylou878
1: Seeker
I always pay my bill as soon as it's due every month online. Paid this month's on do Friday night and unfortunately it's been taken from my bank account twice and still not showing up as balance cleared on my online account.
Have spoken to vodafone Saturday morning and then assured me it takes 24 hours to update account but it's still isn't showing as payment recieved. It usually clears balance straight away.
It's bad enough that a payment for £56 (even looking into why it's so high in the first place) had been taking twice, but I'm still recieving texts to say I'm overdue.
Iv never has do many problems with a network supplier like I do vodafone and I'm rraching the end of my tether with them.
Anyone else had a similar experience?
5 REPLIES 5

rubylou878
1: Seeker
And by the way I know it has only been a couple of days but the main problem is that it's been taking twice which is something else I'm dealing with through my bank.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @rubylou878

If you are going to be paying your bill manually, this needs to be done at least 7 working days before the DD date.  Any closer, the direct debit will be active at the bank and there will be nothing Vodafone will be able to do to stop the direct debit being taken from the bank.

If the funds are not available for collection on the first attempt, with the direct debit being active, two further attempts will be made.

If you have a direct debit arrangement, there is no point making a manual payment, far better to leave the direct debit in place and let the bank make the payment.

The only thing you can do now is to invoke the direct debit guarantee with the bank and get you money returned that way.

An alternative is to leave the money on your account, it will remain as a credit towards future bills.

If you use live chat, they will be able to check your account and make sure the payment has gone to your account.

Nadine1987
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Voda have taken a payment and they said to me last week that one has already been paid and all that is needing to be paid is my next bill on 25th january what do i do 

I wouldnt mind but 189 is alot of money when u have kids and a home to keep 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nadine1987 - I understand what you’re saying as £189 is a high amount.

We can take a look at your account to see what’s due and what date by. Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

You can also see a full breakdown of your bill via your My Vodafone.