Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor Sevrvice and End of contract Issue

ordinarybloke
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I start withy a question when i switch on a light do i expect to go to the consumer unit to see it the voltage and power are correct?

Ah!  hear you say but this is Broadband and its different -how so ? I pay for 76mb of fibre -buts not its copper and yes i do know about the technology i spent a lot of time providing telephone support for similar issues.

So Heres the problem very early in the morning whilst the rest of the population are asleep -theres a hint there ! try to whatch a you tube blog yes i,m very sad, the video stalls so i carry out a speed test using the usual well known sites . to my horror I,m only getting 1.5 to 3 mb . I reset my router ,happy days 56 ish mb so after many weeks Of getting anoyed i ring support and I,m sorry to say apparantly the opperator "not based in the UK" has escalated to a higher level this was the first solution . Nw comes the best part to the solution idea number 2 . Well  Mr--- why don't you renew your deal . so very polity i explained the problem to me renewing a poor service. 

I put the phone down and thought well most isps that use the same technology will have the same problem should a jump try "virgin" i reasoned that it is highly probable the problem is due to a poor router yes i understand all the arguments so after talking again to customer services again not in this country I get the router passwords and user name well half of it anyway. i then asked what router are you hearing people using and i get an answer a netgear D6220 and a TP-link VR600  - I kept a transcript of the conversation . Well needless to say BT-openreach don't support either can't connect using the new TP-link VR600 (AC1600)  I have spent all weekend on this rubbish and last weekend . and know its time ti cancel my contract and go to Virgin . i do not blame the opperators who try to help the blame it 100% with Vodafone . The comany is a shower 

1 REPLY 1

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@ordinarybloke I'm really sorry to hear about the experience you've had with your broadband recently and we'd hate to see you go. Are these drops in speed occurring at a particular time? Is this happening over Wi-Fi only, or via a wired connection too?

When you contact us to get your user name and password, the advisers have a list of approved routers they can advise you to try, so it's very strange that your TP-link insn't working correctly 🤔

Your best option would be to contact our our Broadband Live Chat team, to make sure that all of your settings are correct.

Please let us know how you get on and pop back to us if you've got any further queries.