cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Red Bundle Entertainment when you upgrade early?

cheshire_pete
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Does anyone know what happens to your current free entertainment 12 month deal when you upgrade 75 days early?

I have Netflix which is already credited to last until mid February 2017 part of my 12 month Sim only deal. I'm entitled to change my SIM contract in early December due to the 75 day upgrade window, at which time I can change my package to any available for another 12 months.

As Netflix is no longer offered if I choose Spotify does Netflix still run as that was part of my previous Sim deal until mid February, or when I choose a new pack will this discontinue it?

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @cheshire_pete

The entertainment packs runs to the date of upgrade.

If you take an early upgrade, you will lose your current subscription. You will need to take a new contract with an entertainment pack and opt into a new subscription for your choice of entertainment.

Further info from the support pages below.

Support - Entertainment

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I have been pondering on that too.

Similar situation, I have Netflix till Jan. Difference is, Due to other issues, contract end date was brought forward. So I have upgraded to another 12 month SIM only.

When I go on offers page it allow me to sign up to Spotify but says it will cancel Netflix.
I did ask the question and was told it will cancel Netflix.
Too long to go to rake a risk but I am going to try it in the last month to see if I lose the Credit.

Thanks for your answers. If given the choice I'd keep Netflix so hope it won't cancel as per the reply above unless I choose something different.

Vodafone are always changing their SIM only deals anyhOw, so who knows what they might be in December, I've noticed they seem to have dropped Red+ anyhow for everything except the new £25 25gb option. So if it stays like that I would probably let it run to Feb on my current £22.50 20gb package.

Yes, Entertainment now is only on the top Tariffs.

Luckily I managed to bag the £27 Tariff 8GB with Entertainment with Discount.

And I cannot see it being offered on any lower tariffs from now on.

Interesting they pulled Netflix out considering that it is cheapre than Spotify. Obviously that is not what they would pay.