Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 5.1.1 update

brandnewant
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

Will Vodafone have to check the 5.1.1 update for the S6 Edge before it is rolled out or does it come directly from Samsung?

Thanks,
Ant

28 REPLIES 28

Out of interest - can anyone advise whether this update restores the missing Video Calling feature?

This was raised in a previous thread and the consensus was that this was a Vodafone related issue which would be fixed in a future update.

yes mine shows video options and also when calling mine now says hd call at top

If anyone has had the screen rotation issue (stuck in porrait) on their Galaxy S6 - the new 5.1.1 update fixes it!

It is NOT a hardware issue.

KIngAStar
4: Newbie

This just came through on my S6 edge. Anyone else had this today? Any issues with it? I'm going to wait until I finish work and get home to wifi before downloading and installing.

drmagwai

Since lots of people will now have the update available I just wanted to say that I have been running 5.1.1 (technically a different build, see above, but presumably fairly close) for about 10 days and it runs fine.

It will not change your life much for better or worse so take your pick between impatience to get the latest toys and if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Vickiestixx
Firmware updated but I'm still unable to make video calls.....

i may need to do a factory reset on the device which i really can not be bothered to do.. but the battery performance seems to have gotten worse with this release although i do use the phone alot. 

All phone lag seems to have gone now but the device always shows circa 90% RAM in use most of the time once apps have been used.

If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below

@Vickiestixx wrote:
Firmware updated but I'm still unable to make video calls.....

I still don't have the video calls option either :Sad_face: I haven't tried a factory reset yet.

I will try placing my sim into a Galaxy S5 and see wheter I get the option.

Well, well...

I've transferred my sim into my Galaxy S5 and I have the option to make video calls. The Galaxy S5 is from Vodafone by the way.

This suggests that the problem is not related to my account or SIM card.

I can try a reset on my S6  - though I'm a bit reluctant as I have almost 40Gb of music on there. This will take a while to restore :Sad_face: