Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S5 not receiving some texts

Roset
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My Samsung S5 is not receiving some texts. Generally it receives and sends messages but over the past few weeks I have not receivd messages from three separate people. 

What could be going on? 

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Sarah_L
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Roset

Does it only seem to be the occasional text you're not receiving, or have you noticed any issues with call or data? 

I'd advise that you have a look at our Network Troubleshooting Guide, to see if this offers any suggestion for improvement.

Thanks, 

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for getting back to me. It only seems to be some messages - it's happened with three separate friends (that I know of - so maybe more), though I have received their messages at other times.

I'm in central London so I don't think it's a signal issue (signal is generally ok). Other methods of communication - such as Whatsapp - seem to be fine. I wondered if it could be an issue that iphones are sending messages as i-messages which aren't coming through to my Android phone? But that's just a stab in the dark really! Any advice gratefully received!

Rose

It's a possibility, @Roset, but as you've said probably unlikely. Unless you don't have picture messaging set up on your device, that could cause issues with iMessages not being received. 

Check the settings on your device, and follow the steps outlined on our Network Troubleshooting Guide to see if this helps. 

Thanks, 

Sarah