Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal not working

Tag1956
4: Newbie

Hi

My sure Signal Mark 1 is not working. The only LED that is lit is the Power LED which is currently flashing. I have tried resetting the device, and my belkin router to no avail. I contacted Vodafone tech support twice today who said they had reset the sure signal remotely and it should now work, but 4 hours later and there is No change.  My serial No is 21229356304, post code MK18 2PU

Please help, as I need this to work.

12 REPLIES 12

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3381435220][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/3381435220.png[/IMG][/URL]

Ping test Link rejected

Serial Number  see above post

Traceroute is an unrecognized command

Device reset as requested...no change yet

Hi

Just figured out how to do Traceroute

Here are the results:

C:\>CD\WINDOWS\sYSTEM32

C:\Windows\System32>TRACERT 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.2.1   2    23 ms    23 ms    23 ms  194.159.169.242   3    23 ms    23 ms    24 ms  anchor-access-3-s2008.router.demon.net [194.217. 23.29]   4    23 ms    23 ms    23 ms  gi7-0-0-dar4.lah.uk.cw.net [194.159.161.94]   5    23 ms    24 ms    23 ms  xe-11-1-0-xur1.lns.uk.cw.net [193.195.25.34]   6    23 ms    23 ms    25 ms  xe-0-3-0-xur1.lns.cw.net [194.70.97.66]   7     *        *        *     Request timed out.   8     *        *        *     Request timed out.   9     *        *        *     Request timed out.  10     *        *        *     Request timed out.  11     *        *        *     Request timed out.  12     *        *        *     Request timed out.  13     *        *        *     Request timed out.  14     *        *        *     Request timed out.  15     *        *        *     Request timed out.  16     *        *        *     Request timed out.  17     *        *        *     Request timed out.  18     *        *        *     Request timed out.  19     *        *        *     Request timed out.  20     *        *        *     Request timed out.  21     *        *        *     Request timed out.  22     *        *        *     Request timed out.  23     *        *        *     Request timed out.  24     *        *        *     Request timed out.  25     *        *        *     Request timed out.  26     *        *        *     Request timed out.  27     *        *        *     Request timed out.  28     *        *        *     Request timed out.  29     *        *        *     Request timed out.  30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

C:\Windows\System32>

Hi, Also managed Ping from a different Browser

[URL=http://www.pingtest.net][IMG]http://www.pingtest.net/result/94872918.png[/IMG][/URL]

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Tag1956,

Your speed test, ping test and traceroute are all fine.

Your IP address is on our whitelist, so no problems there either.

A flashing power light shows that there’s an issue with the Sure Signal connecting to the router.

Check the cable connections to make sure they’re secure, and try a different Ethernet cable if you have the option.

Also, try a different Ethernet port on your router to see if this helps.

Can you confirm that you’ve got the following ports open/forwarded on your router:-

Port Number

8          TCP      UDP

50         TCP      UDP

53         TCP      UDP

67                     UDP

68                     UDP

123                   UDP

500                   UDP

1723     TCP      UDP

4500                 UDP

33434 - 33445    UDP

If this doesn’t work for you, try the Sure Signal on a different internet connection.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Andy

I have found this page on my Belkin router setup. What should be in the other dialogue boxes ?

What should the private IP address and private port settings be. If I leave them blank it says " No 1 is invalid Please correct it first!"

Am I in the rightplace or should I be looking else where.

I dont understand as No settings have ever been changed on the router, or equipment added.

Hi Tag1956,

You will need to add the ports shown above in the inbound port box and then change the type to show the corresponding type, as mentioned in Andy’s post.

You’ll also need to put the same value in the private port box that you’ve put in the inbound port box.

If you leave the private IP address blank, this should be fine.

If this still doesn’t work, please can you try this in on a different internet connection to rule out a faulty Sure Signal?

James

Hi James

Sorry for the long delay, major family emergency to deal with.

I hve tried entering the settings that you requested, but just it just keeps coming back with  "No1 is invalid, please fix it first"

I do not have an alternative connection to test it on.

I would really like to get this resolved as soon as possible

Kind regards

Neil

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Neil,

Please try a different Ethernet cable.

If it’s still the same, it looks like your Sure Signal could be faulty.

This is why we ask to test it on a different connection, to rule out a hardware fault.

If it’s faulty, it’s no longer under warranty.

You can purchase a new one here.

Thanks,

Gemma