Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal won't connect to my phones

cwilliams996
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

A week ago my Sure Signal stopped connecting to my phones, as a result of which I have no signal. Nothing changed with ISP, Router, PC or anything else. The Sure Siganal has been reset several times, allegedly re-synched twice, and had cables unplugged for 20 minutes. Answers I have been given by Vodafone vary, and have been contradictory depending who I spoke to. As a business user the lack of a signal at home is unnacceptable - and not what I pay for. Vodafone has so far given me 2 choices - either pay for a replacement Sure Signal myself, or leave and pay penalty charges in order to go to a service provider who will allow me to use my phones. 'Sure Signal' it's not, and as for Vodafone for business - don't even go there! Is there anybody who is able to help, and interested in doing the right thing (apart from Offcom)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When on a call the third light flashes. Before the problem it used to be on solidly all the time. I'm not worried what it does as long as it keeps working

View solution in original position

19 REPLIES 19

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi cwilliams996,

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread? This will help my team troubleshoot it effectively for you. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

Please read my other post. It worked one day and not the next, and nothing had changed at my end. Everything already been checked and tried - or so I'm told - and still it doesn't work

Hi cwilliams996,

Please can you let me know the Sure Signal serial number so I can check the registration for you?

James

Hi James

Serial number:  21222715118

Hi cwilliams996,

I can see that there is a location profile update that’s been detected but other than that everything looks fine.

I have updated this for you today and re-synced the Sure Signal for you.

Please let me know if you’re still having the same problem in an hour’s time.

James

Hi. Unfortunately it's still the same. No third light and no phone signal

I re set it again as well, and still the same

Hi cwilliams996,

I can see that it did connect to the server again this morning so it should be working fine.

When you did the reset, did you remove the Ethernet cable?

If not can your give this a try as it’s proven to resolve this issue for a lot of people?

-Hold in the reset button until all lights go solid

-Pull the power lead and the Ethernet cable out with the reset button still pushed in

-Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead

-Wait for all lights to come on and then release the reset button

-Plug the Ethernet cable back in

James

Hi. Just done this. Going out now so I will check again when I get back home