Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal

gavinlancs
4: Newbie
Everytime I return home my mobile phone does not pick up the sure signal. The sure signal is working and if I turn it off and on again it picks up my phone straight away. Any ideas?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

The Sure Signal pushes out a 3G signal. 

It maybe a case case that you are getting some form of 4G connection even if it's weak. Your phone seeks out the strongest signal available. 

Try turning off 4G in your phones settings to see if that helps. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

gavinlancs
4: Newbie
Thanks for your reply.

There is a 4g signal 8n my home area. Would this effect the voice calls signal strength as well?

It appears that the clever people that made your phone decided that a weak and unserviceable 4G is better than the 5 bars 3G available within your home.

How stupid hey and I have the same issue.. make a call on the weak 4G outside and walk inside where the call drops.

Set the phone to 3G only and I can start the call via the SS within the house and walk around the house with 3 to 4 bars and a solid call.

I am SICK of changing from 3G to 4G and 4G to 3G when I leave and return home in order to use 4G away from home and reliable 3G calls when at home because when I get home and forget, I am reminded to change the setting when the first call is dropped...

DAMNED FRUSTRATING

THIS NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED TO ENSURE THE PHONE USES THE BEST WORKABLE SIGNAL, NOT WHAT THE PHONE ASSUMES IS THE FASTEST AVAILABLE INTERNET CONNECTION.

Samsung won't listen to me, maybe they would listen to Vodafone if they bothered to raise the issue with them????

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)