Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal v1 problems

amzeus76
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I upgraded both of my phones on tuesday and changed the sims to nano sims, since then i have not been able to get a signal from our sure signal, i have tried everything on the forums from rebooting the sure signal, removing the numbers and adding again but it has not worked. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi amzeus76,

Your Sure Signal isn’t currently connecting to our servers from its current location.

Trying it in a different setting will help us to identify if the cause is related to your internet connection or current set up, or whether the device has a fault.

If you’re facing signal issues in your area, take a look here.

The reset process just forces the Sure Signal to check in against our servers and receive any updates as necessary.

If there’s anything that prevents the unit from connecting to our servers, the reset process can’t complete and it’ll stop working.

We’re unable to compensate for the lost service since the Sure Signal has stopped working.

There’s more information in our Sure Signal Terms and conditions.

Cheers,

Andy

View solution in original position

21 REPLIES 21

Hi amzeus76,

We’ve tried to push the latest software out to your Sure Signal but it’s not currently connected to our servers.

Try the unit in a different location, such as a friend or family member, to see if this kicks it into life.

If you still have the same issues, it may indicate a fault with the device.

As the Sure Signal is out of warranty, a repair would be chargeable.

You may wish to consider a new Sure Signal for £100.

Cheers,

Andy

It worked fine until we upgraded our phones and then it wouldn't work once we changed our sim cards and after being told to reset the sure signal its gone faulty and stopped working, we've had nothing but trouble since we changed our sims, the sure signal stopped working for us, we can't recieve texts on time and struggle to make phone calls, we've had our phones nearly 2 weeks now and the problem still hasn't been fixed for us

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi amzeus76,

Can you let me know if you've had a chance to test the Sure Signal for an hour or so at a friend or relatives house?

Cheers, Ben

Hi ben

can vodaphone please tell me why your asking me to test in another location when the simple facts are these

1. Two new phone recieved just over a fortnight ago (iphone 5s and 5C)
  2. Old phone (iphone 5 and 4S )worked fine up untill the new sim card were activated then the sure signal was still working fine.
  3. Sure signal only stopped working after we followed instructions give here and as just any damaged cause by the instruction and the firmware update can be placed with vodaphone and its experts
  4. The two new phones do not work as intended in any location which is a matter seems to have been ignored if this continues i'll be looking to return my contracts after 10+years of being a loyal vodaphone customer due to the fact that they are not fit for purpose (eg calls cant be made, texts messages talk several hours to send)

When vodaphone can tell me what could of happened during the process of resetting the suresignal that has stopped it working  that can be identified by using some one else's boardband connection then yes i'll travel 20+ miles to do so, untill that time i see no reason as to  why i should spend my free time.

I could understand why you might be asking if what i've been asked to to has caused a fault with my suresignal

Finally can you please let me know how i can about filing for renumeration due to the lost service since the upgraded sim grades were activated and untill this matter is resolved

Yours

A M Zeus

Hi amzeus76,

Your Sure Signal isn’t currently connecting to our servers from its current location.

Trying it in a different setting will help us to identify if the cause is related to your internet connection or current set up, or whether the device has a fault.

If you’re facing signal issues in your area, take a look here.

The reset process just forces the Sure Signal to check in against our servers and receive any updates as necessary.

If there’s anything that prevents the unit from connecting to our servers, the reset process can’t complete and it’ll stop working.

We’re unable to compensate for the lost service since the Sure Signal has stopped working.

There’s more information in our Sure Signal Terms and conditions.

Cheers,

Andy

The renumeration is due to the phones not working even when not at homethe best i get with this new sim card is 2 bars and 90% of the time its on gprs data even though my old phone with a prepay sim card is working fine and as intended.

So vodaphone has asked my to reset the sure signal with out informing that a drop in the line could result in the sure signal being ######.

• i'm pretty sure that VodaPhone are responsible for the direction that they give on this forum and should of warned if that was a posibility as given it was working fine and then got reset and has never worked since.

Hi amzeus76,

For the service away from the Sure Signal, take a look at our network troubleshooter.

A drop in your connection speed only stops the Sure Signal working until the speeds improve. It does not permanently impair the Sure Signal.

It's also not something which can be caused by a reset. It's down to your Internet Service Provider (ISP).

Dave

Dave i never mentioned a drop in the line speed, so not sure why your reffereing to it, I said a connection drop (which could be the result of a power outage or line issue)

also had i been told that reseting it would cause a firmware upgrade i wouldnt of done it till i was sure it was the only option, as losing conection part way through a firmware upgrade will brick most devices and that what i should of been told and wasnt and thus vodaphone and the representative that told me to do are responisble for the actions i was instructed to carry out.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi amzeus76,

The reset won’t have caused the fault.

From what you’ve posted above it sounds like the Sure Signal's faulty. Take a look here for info on how to arrange a repair.

As this is over two years old, the repair will be chargeable (£65). Alternatively you can purchase a new Sure Signal for £100.

Thanks,

Jenny 

I've managed to fix this myself now and replaced our router with a new one as after some searching on the internet there is a common problem between the sure signal and the router we were using (netgear n750 wireless dual gigabit modem router premium edition) and now everything is working correctly.