Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone, Fraud- Ilegal practices by vodafone

hp126
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello fellow vodafone customers.

I feel it is my right to highlight this issue to all fellow customers.

If you have a sure signal that has not been used for a while, vodafone will block this for future use, and force you to buy a new device, at your own cost.

I have had this issue, contacted vodafone to be told, sorry you have not used it for a while so we deactivated it and you will need to buy another.

I think they forget you are the customer!

If anyone else has had this issue please let it be know!

Cheers

Ross

Device Ser No: 21227742513

11 REPLIES 11

DeanUK
4: Newbie

Hi Ross

The T&C's for Sure Signal use clearly states that the device may be blocked if it is not used for (I think) three months.  It also comments that the block can be lifted.  Whether this is the same thing as you are referring to I am not sure.

I have also been told that a Sure Signal if not used can become dormant with no chance of resurrection so I thought mine might be a modern day Dodo but it does seem to switch on etc.  I am just trying to get phones to recognise it at the moment but AFAIK it hasn't been blocked.  The recognition of phones has been a problem ever since it arrived and I suspect is just a foible of the v1 rather than anything else.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello hp126

That is not correct.  Vodafone have a clause in the Sure Signal Terms and Conditions.

'If you don’t make use of the Sure Signal Service for a period of 3 months or more, we may place a bar against your future use of the Sure Signal Service. If this happens, you’ll need to contact us to discuss lifting the bar on your Sure Signal Device.'

All you need to do is to give Vodafone a call with the serial number to have the bar lifted or wait here on the forum for a member of the Tech Team to send you a PM for your account details.  There is no need to buy a new Sure Signal.

I have spent 40 mins on the phone to vodafone tonight to be told, sorry its barred and there is nothing we can do, he did mention then back track says " yes but your no longer a monthly contract holder with us".

vodafones point was it has a old version of the firmware installed so wont work with the network anyway.

so thus meaning due to a upgrade they have made i have to suffer.

Sounds very dodgy to me, just trying to force more money from myself

:Sad_face:

Having an old, incompatible firmware is not quite the same as barred and unable to be resurrected.

So are you trying to use the SS with a VF PAYG phone?

Yes thats exactly it!

Sorry can you clarify... what is exactly it?

Yes, you are trying to use a PAYG phone I assume... but am not 100% sure of your point so hence asking for clarification!

yes trying to use a PAYG phone

Perhaps the SS is for use with contract phones on the basis that PAYG phones can be so transitory in nature...  Who knows???

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi hp126,

If you’ve been in contact with Customer Services and have been advised that the bar on your Sure Signal can’t be lifted, then there’s little else we can do to assist I’m afraid. Your remaining option would to be to purchase one of the latest Sure Signals from a Vodafone store.

If you have a Vodafone PAYG phone that’s 3G enabled, then this would work with a Sure Signal.

Thanks

Andrew