cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why does Vodafone require a (paid for) Experian account to set up a business account?

clwydsss
1: Seeker

My family has been using Vodafone as Pay Monthly customers for 15+ years, and we've recently made enquiries to set up a business account as we have a family business. We were told that we must have a fully paid for Experian account in order for Vodafone to allow us a business account. This makes no sense to me and I can't find anything online about it - could anyone enlighten/explain to me please? We don't want or need to pay for an Experian account otherwise!

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Thats strange @clwydsss

As far as im aware a new customer would be credit checked as a matter of the process anyway ?

Your not a new customer so wouldnt need a credit check unless the type of business account warranted it. 

Did Vodafone not clarify why at all ?

Experian offer a free trial period to get a full report anyway so why they suggest paying for it is beyond me  

Id suggest to check in Vodafones T&C's and small print. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @clwydsss

The Business Team should be in a position to clarify this for you.   There is information for contacting the Business Team on the link below.

Contact Us

Presumably, this is to prove the creditibility and validity of the business.

hrym

I agree it's strange, unless it's a new business.  However, I can't see how a paid-for Experian account would make a difference as there'll either be a financial footprint or there won't.   The normal practice for setting up business accounts in general is to ask for a bank and/or trade references.