cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

do Vodafone still contact you when you cancel?

tighty
4: Newbie
so I'm now at the end of my 4th contact and everytime I've cancelled and requested my puc code I've been contacted by the retention team during my 30 days notice. this team has been the team to other the best offers and I've always enjoyed 50% of my contract.

so I'm now only about 10 days away from actually leaving and I haven't had a call yet.

do they still have this team?
10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I believe they don't always make contact with everyone who requests a PAC Code.

You could ring 191 on a weekday and choose the Thinking of Leaving option which should get you through to the Retention Department. They can offer Retention deals. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

tighty
thanks for that but the problem I've encountered previously is that those CS agents that call you have always told me they can offer bigger discounts than when you call them. I guess I will try and prompt them by calling and turning their offer down...... fingers crossed

BandOfBrothers

Ok but it is them that try to retain you. 

I understand what your doing by trying to prompt a deal by hinting your going to leave by requesting a PAC Code,which is an avenue that has brought about a deal in the past for you, but on the flip side may not always. :Winking_smiley:

Best of luck. :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Nabs

@tighty Have you seen a deal with another network that you're switching to?

If there isn't then you'd be best finding one to give you some leverage against Vodafone in a hope that they will match or better the deal. Vodafone are unlikely to offer the large discount you've been used to without some kind of incentive to do so.

tighty
yeah after my call to them yesterday they don't seem as keen to discount down. all i managed was £12 off a £42 contract. for me it's about the cost over 2 years. I can buy a S7 (or similar) for 340 (o2 deal then cancel) and get a new sky sim for £10. that makes it £580 over 2 years therefore need something around £25 a month to make it worthwhile.

Nabs

@tighty The Galaxy S7 on O2 Refresh is priced at £17 a month which works out at £408. Add your tariff on top of that, £14 is their cheapest, and you're knocking on £750 over the contract. Vodafone are offering you the phone and contract for £720. As far as I can tell Vodafone are 6GB of data O2 are only 500Mb.  Are you getting a discount with O2? 

eh? - this deal for starters is the one im on about:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-galaxy-s7-32gb-o2-refresh-brand-new-337-99-o2-2583237

its a bit of a faff to setup and cancel but worth it over the 24 months

then as i mentioned in my post - which you didn't seem to read properly, a new sky sim is £10 for unlmtd and 1gb data. which is all i need

so factor in the cost of the phone £337.99

sim = 24 X 10 = £240

total £577.99

hence my £24 a month

Nabs

@tighty I did read the post... was just slightly confused how you're managing to buy the phone for £337.99. Looking at the hotukdeals link clears that up though 🙂

I think you'll be extremely lucky to get Vodafone, or any network for that matter to match such a good 'deal'!
To be honest I'd be going for that whilst it's still on, discounted prices and free speakers end the 11th acording to the O2 site.

Oops my bad

yeah it is excellent, but slowly working Vodafone down. got them down to £27 a month now for 2 contracts with only £10 one off (each). Chatting to an advisor just now and it seems their retention team was folded about 8 months ago and the squeeze is on for big discounts.

TBH the hassle of that O2 deal puts me off and (don't mean to sound snobish) i can easily afford an extra £100 over 2 years to avoid the hassle. Im just trying to gain further leverage as the more times i call to haggle the lower overall package comes down. My main grump is that i really want a Pixel XL but vodafone don't do it. That maybe what forces me away.

Im waiting on a call from CPW "value" team, outgoing call team only, and if i can get a XL with £200 upfront and £25-27 monthly i will bite.