cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How much are the data packs when topping up dongle?

Ace321
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello, I am thinking of moving from 3 mobile broadband to Vodaphone mobile broadband so I can enjoy 4G using the Vodaphone K161z 4G 15GB Data Dongle stick from Argos.

I usually top up via voucher at my local Tesco store by handing over cash at the counter. They print out a voucher and I enter this on my laptop when topping up. This is my preferred method.

Will I still be able to do this with Vodaphone's Data Dongle? If so, please could you tell me how much I can top up minimum and how many GB I get in return and for how long? Are these called Data packs?

Can I top up a minimum of £10 every 30 days (like with 3 mobile broadband) on my Vodaphone Data dongle and if so how many GB do I get?

There doesn't seem anywhere that tells me how much your Data packs are for those that top up over the counter with cash and a voucher?

Thank you 😃

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Ace321! You're able to buy TopUp vouchers from all major supermarkets. If you're solely using data on your SIM, this would be referred to as a data pack. You're also able to purchase these online here. If you click here, you'll be able to see our data only plan options 🙂

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Ace321! You're able to buy TopUp vouchers from all major supermarkets. If you're solely using data on your SIM, this would be referred to as a data pack. You're also able to purchase these online here. If you click here, you'll be able to see our data only plan options 🙂

Thank you Beth, so just to confirm if I top up £10 I get 2GB and it lasts for 90 days? That sounds a better deal than the one I am on with 3, where I only get 1GB for £10 and it only lasts 30 days.

Thank you 😃

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ace321 Correct! I would recommend downloading our MyVodafone app once you've moved over to us, as you'll be able to purchase your data packs through there as well without needing to take the trip to the supermarket 🙂

Hi Beth, thank you for your helpful advice.

Just one more question: I'm going to buy the Vodaphone K5161Z Data Dongle from Argos, but I notice Argos have 2 Vodaphone Dongles on sale - the K5161Z and the K5161 (without the Z!). Do you know what the difference is because the Argos website says they both have 4G? Which is the most up-to-date?  Should I go for the one ending on Z!😃

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

They're both great devices @Ace321, I believe the K5161Z is the newer model but both are fantastic and able to handle most applications.

Thank you @Mark @Beth 

You've both been very helpful. 😃

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

You're welcome @Ace321, I'll also pass your thanks onto @Beth 😊