Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using a Google Chromebook with mobile broadband

Ace321
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello, I have used a mobile broadband dongle with my Windows laptop for many years. I am thinking of buying a Google Chromebook, something I have never bought before, and I would just like to know if mobile broadband dongles work o.k with Google Chromebooks, just as they do with Windows laptops? Thank you 😃

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CallumR

Hey @Ace321 Thanks for reaching out to us. 

You'll be able to use a mobile broadband dongle with a Google Chromebook. 

Thanks

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

CallumR

Hey @Ace321 Thanks for reaching out to us. 

You'll be able to use a mobile broadband dongle with a Google Chromebook. 

Thanks

Thank you 👍 😃

Hello! Mobile broadband dongles should work fine with Google Chromebooks, as they support USB devices for internet connectivity, similar to Windows laptops. You can expect a seamless experience connecting to mobile networks on your new Chromebook. Also, check out AC Football cases 

Using a Google Chromebook with mobile broadband can provide you with internet access on the go, even when you're not connected to a Wi-Fi network. Here's how you can set up and use mobile broadband on your Chromebook:

1. Check for Mobile Broadband Compatibility: Ensure that your Chromebook supports mobile broadband. Most modern Chromebooks come with built-in cellular connectivity options, but not all models have this feature. You can usually find information about this in your Chromebook's specifications.

2. Obtain a Mobile Broadband Plan: To use mobile broadband, you'll need a SIM card and a data plan from a mobile carrier that offers cellular service. Contact your preferred mobile carrier to get a SIM card and activate a data plan that suits your needs.

3. Insert the SIM Card: Depending on your Chromebook model, the SIM card slot may be located on the side or underneath the device's battery compartment. Insert the SIM card into the appropriate slot.