Welcome to Vodafone Community
If you're having network problems, please read the information below before posting. This will help us to identify any issues more quickly. A network issue would include loss of signal, poor signal or problems making/receiving calls or texts:
1. Check if the issue only happens in one location
If it only happens in one location, go to number 2. If it happens everywhere you go, go to number 3.
If your coverage is low, or the issue only happens when you're indoors, Sure Signal provides full 3G signal in your home.
Network status will show any unexpected issues and planned maintenance in your area:
For a full guide on how to use our coverage map and status checker, check our YouTube video.
3. Update your network connection
Switch off and restart your phone. If this doesn’t help, check your specific phone instructions, tell your phone to try to connect to another network, and then pick Vodafone again.
4. Test your SIM card in another phone
If the issue happens everywhere, it can be caused by a faulty phone or SIM. If it's the SIM, pick up a new one free from your nearest Vodafone store. If it's the phone, check our repair page for what to do next.
5. Check for existing threads with the search bar near the top of the Community.
Scroll to the top of the page and use the search bar to search for the first half of your postcode or your area. If there's already a thread about an issue in your area, click reply in that thread and add your details.
6. Post the network issue template (below)
Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?
2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.
3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?
4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?
5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?
6) When did you first notice this issue?
7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?