cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Roaming. Corporate vs Personal, & what is temporary?

planetf1
4: Newbie

I've been to a few european countries (and also canada) this year. My current provider has crazy roaming restrictions - throttling, no streaming etc and is basically unusable apart from WhatsApp/Twitter.
I was able to use a corporate vodafone SIM whilst abroad and the service was impeccable. Responsive browsing, everything just worked, streaming, tethering, work & home vpn, buying tickets, maps, restaurant planning. Just as I expected.

Can I assume a "personal" contract sim to behave just as well - I assume there's no other restrictions that apply?

As an aside how long is "temporary abroad". Is it 30 days? (All my current trips have been 2-6 days)

Based on this experience I'm very likely to switch over to a 40 GB sim only plan 

1 REPLY 1

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@planetf1 - It’s great to hear you’re thinking of joining us! :Smiling:

When you’re abroad the signal strength you receive, will be the same if you’re on Pay monthly, Corporate or Pay as you go. As you’ll be using an overseas network, the coverage will depend on their availability, in the areas you’re travelling to.

Take a look at our roaming charges and tips, on what to do before you travel abroad.