cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Voicemail call-back cuts off current call.

grahamkeen
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

Just changed from a Samsung S8 to an S20 but using the same Sim.

If I'm using the phone and someone leaves me a voicemail, then when voicemail calls me back, it simply terminates the current call. Previously, it would have called me back and I could swipe the red button and carry on with my call.

Has anyone else come across this ?

Regards, Graham.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@grahamkeen - thanks for the tests you've done. I've gone through my Voicemail alert options and only have the same as what you've mentioned. There doesn't appear to be the option for the Voicemail to call you anymore. The options now available are what you've mentioned above. 

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It sounds like you need to activate call waiting to enable you to answer a call without ending your current call @grahamkeen .  

Follow this guide Samsung S20 call waiting 

Am alternative is change the way you are alerted to voicemail, follow the information below

• Call 121 from your Vodafone mobile (free in the UK, standard charges apply while abroad)
  • Press 1 for the main menu
  • Choose option 4, then option 3
  • Pick your alert type – 2 for text, 3 for a call or 4 for an icon

Thank you. call waiting is already turned on and my voicemail setting was "3" so got a call back, which is what fails.

I have set to text me option "2" for now until I can find a solution.

Sorry for the late response.

That is what I used to do but after options 1-4-3, if I enter 3 at that point I am told that text message alerts have been selected. 

After that if I try  to enter 3 then I am told that that is incorrect, options are 4 for icon alert and 5 for 'slam down' notifications.

Did call 191 but not at all helpful.

Any thoughts very much appreciated.

Graham.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@grahamkeen - thanks for the tests you've done. I've gone through my Voicemail alert options and only have the same as what you've mentioned. There doesn't appear to be the option for the Voicemail to call you anymore. The options now available are what you've mentioned above. 

Thanks Gemma.

That's a real shame as if you're busy you notice multiple call-backs but not neccessarily a text.

Many thanks again, Graham.