cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Has this been the slowest year for new iPhone rumours & Chinese Whispers ?

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I think last year there was a very high demand and interest for a larger screen size iphone so people soaked up every bit of rumour, gossip and Chinese style rumours and blog news about it last year.

Maybe this being a 's' cycle year many people think not much will change in terms of the aesthetics of the new iPhone. 

I've seen 'leaked' shots of the backs of the new iPhone and discussions on possible implementation of 2gb of RAM and force touch screens like the  Watch. 

Maybe Apple's security has been tightened (or as some think are not leaking info themselves 😉 ) this time around. 

Now i read a cross section of end users want to revert to a smaller screen ! 

I'm sure we will however still see the hype and mania that hits on an  product launch and keynote. 

Chatter seems to suggest September 8th for the keynote. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

18 REPLIES 18

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

As you are a frequent poster on MacRumours I am sure that you know that this year even the usual rumormonger don't really care. There are unlikely to be any major changes and as always the 'leaked' photos are likely to be fake yet again.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/is-this-the-quietest-year-for-leaks-rumours.1906786/

BandOfBrothers

Good Morning Kids,

Their seems to be a split cross section of people who are not overly interested and some love the hype and discussion.

I must admit I like to look over the leaks which in the past some have been very close to the released model(s) and some have been lets say a little out there.

I remember a while ago the curved iPhone mock up picture of what some thought may be the next iphone release.

Their are posts / threads and pieces on blogs all talking about how slow the hype / discussion / leaks have been this year so just thought i'd test the water here on what people thought wether they are interested in iphones / ipads or not.

Current Phone  >

kids

I am afraid that I come into a "Don't care" catergory.

I am always baffled by the Apple Fanboys who just must have the latest model phone whatever the cost.

I work on the basis that if my phone does everything I want it to do there is no need to change it just because there is a new model on the market. I can live with the fact that an app may open a millisecond quicker on a new model than on my phone and quite honestly I find the 6 and especially the 6S ugly.

BandOfBrothers

Totally appreciate your thoughts. 

If we all liked the same the sector would certainly be stagnant. 

Personally im tempted if their is something new under its hood that would greatly improve my own user experience. 

These things are expensive as I opt to buy sim free and usually sell my current iPhone back to  or CEX. So I don't buy the newest model for the sake of having the newest model available. 

That said I do like to keep abreast of information on Blogs etc and watching the keynotes.

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn

I have the 6S and it's a lovely looking phone. I don't understand how people put up with the tiny screens that proceeded the latest models. It was only the introduction of larger phones that made me even think about switching from larger Android phones.

I agree though that the hype is mad and it's generated by Apple itself because it needs the sales boost from the next gen of phones. Like Christmas it's wholly artificial and people fall like lemmings into the trap of getting excited.  By contrast the latest Samsung launch passed me by unnoticed until the day after the event.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

That is what was a deciding factor in purchasing the iPhone 6 Plus - the 5.5" screen.

I use my phone heavily on the net and watching various Tech Videos it ticks my wants and needs.

Due to eyesight issues the phone screen size comes into its own too. 

As I created this thread yesterday about the new Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge+ Tech-News-Samsung-announces-the-Galaxy-S6-Edge it's possibly going to be a hard decision on what to invest in next if I do decide to upgrade. 

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn

The S6 does look gorgeous but I think it's too early in my personal phone cycle to move back to Android from iOS as I've had the 6+ less than a year.

I think it's highly likely that I'll get the 6S+ or 7+ whatever it's called and, like you, sell the 6+. It goes through my business as well and I get the tax relief on it so it ends up being a relatively small cost compares to the headline price.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I love my iPhone 6 Plus :Smiling:

It is a rather large phone and I always struggle to fit it into a pocket however, the screen is a perfect size for me to read my ebooks on. No longer need the iPad.

What new feature would you like to see on future releases?

jeffkinn

I've never had a problem getting the 6+ in a pocket (including a shirt pocket) but I do take it out of a trouser pocket before sitting down, but then I probably always did that anyway.

The larger iPhone screens have clearly been a huge success.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png