cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

If I buy an Australian SIM and put it in my iPhone here in UK, will it be still seen as Australian

RobertChalmers
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I find myself living in the UK for some time and am wanting an Australian phone number. If I buy an Australian International Roaming SIM and put it in my iPhone here in the UK, can my family then text and call me using the Australian number of the SIM? just as though I am in Australia, then continue to use it once I return to Oz.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

I don't see why not the SIM can be anywhere in the World and callers from the AU would still be calling an AU number @RobertChalmers .  

You mention an international roaming SIM, always best to check the site and network for T & C's and roaming charges.  The SIM may need to be activated in Australia before being able to roam. 

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

I don't see why not the SIM can be anywhere in the World and callers from the AU would still be calling an AU number @RobertChalmers .  

You mention an international roaming SIM, always best to check the site and network for T & C's and roaming charges.  The SIM may need to be activated in Australia before being able to roam. 

Thanks. I’ll have my son activate it. Then he can send it over. Easy.

thanks