Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone debt

MatthewCrook31
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hey everyone,

Back in 2013, I took out a Vodafone contract. I had no experience with money and was recklessly avoiding paying the contract. As a result, I got into debt.

I have been trying for a long while now to improve my credit score, but I have noticed on my credit profiles that I have this same debt with Vodafone which is STILL open with them. It is coming up as “missed payment” every month since 2017! 2017 is the year it got passed to a debtor I’m assuming, but I have no proof to back this claim up.

I have absolutely no information to assist with this other than the last 4 digits of my account that I had with them. I have no letters of correspondence or emails from Vodafone or any debt collection company.

I’m seeking advice on how I can go about finding out why this debt is still open with Vodafone, why they haven’t alerted me to the debtor they’ve passed it to, and how I can go about simply paying this off.

I do have screenshots on my credit profile of this information if this will be of any help.

Thank you all for your time,

Matt

1 REPLY 1

Andy

Hi @MatthewCrook31 👋 I can fully understand your concern regarding this showing on your credit report, we can`t view accounts over this channel but if you contact our social teams via this link, we will happily help in locating your account and look into why the missing payment has been occurring.