Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia Asha 210

Raffy
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Has anyone got a Nokia 210? I'm unable to send and receive photos. I've tried sending a text to 40127 but it's not going through. Thank you!
12 REPLIES 12

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi. Is this a new contract? Have you been able to send photos in the past from this phone?

Mms needs to be provisioned on your account so try contacting live chat to make sure your settings at Vodafone's end are correct.

It's a new phone. Tried contacting Live Chat several times! Thanks anyway :Smiling:

AnnS

@Raffy

If you have successfully installed all the setting and are still having problems, it may be the SIM card which needs provisioning on the network.

Give Customer Services a quick call or use Live Chat and they will be able to access your account and make sure MMS is provisioned.

As a alternative to MMS which cost extra and is becoming outdated, you may wish to try an applications such as WhatsApp where sending picture messages will come out of your data allowance.

Thanks, will try provisioning the SIM. Live Chat has been unavailable each time I've tried so will try to give them a call. I like the idea of Whatsapp but I presume I need to sort the settings on my phone first before I can download it :Smiling:

63johnw
Hi. It's worth persevering as by default mms is set to off for new contracts.

Thanks but it's not a new contract, it's PAYG

63johnw
Having a little google search and alot of articles show your phone as having a dedicated WhatsApp button with WhatsApp built in and a lifetime subscription, does yours have such a button? Green phone icon left side of from of phone?

I can see it under Menu but there isn't a dedicated button on the phone.Will get there eventually!

63johnw
Yeah just found the Vodafone version on amazon and its preinstalled but not on the front panel. At least you have it.

If you have wifi working and data working then it will work, the person you are sending the picture too will also need to have it though.