Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Inflation Increase

Getafix
16: Advanced member

Vodafone says

"We understand no one wants to see prices increase, but like all businesses we face inflationary pressures which have raised the cost of running our network and providing our services. These cost increases are affecting many telecoms and broadband providers across the UK. We're also facing rising costs from our own network providers while we continue to invest in full fibre to support the demand for faster speeds, data and more reliable broadband."

Hence the increase of

"This increase is the UK Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of 4% (as published in January 2024) to support the rise in our running costs and keep up with increased demand, plus an additional 3.9% to help support the continued investment in our network as we expand coverage."

So my question is if this is true, then why is the Exactly Same Package £1 cheaper than when I signed up in Nov 2023?
Surely the Package they are selling now should reflect the same increase as the Inflation and Support the Continued Investment also applies to those who are signing up to a New Contract?

11 REPLIES 11

Cynric

@Getafix  Intelligent questions from druids are not going to get anywhere with VF unless you have some magic potion handy 🤣

Getafix

@Cynric Don't have Magic potion, but not going to rest on my Laurels. 🤣

Getafix

Complaint raised. Will post response when I get one.

Getafix

Vodafone says

"We understand no one wants to see prices increase, but like all businesses we face inflationary pressures which have raised the cost of running our network and providing our services. These cost increases are affecting many telecoms and broadband providers across the UK. We're also facing rising costs from our own network providers while we continue to invest in full fibre to support the demand for faster speeds, data and more reliable broadband."

Hence the increase of

"This increase is the UK Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of 4% (as published in January 2024) to support the rise in our running costs and keep up with increased demand, plus an additional 3.9% to help support the continued investment in our network as we expand coverage."

So my question is if this is true, then why is the Exactly Same Package now £39, £2 more than when I signed up in Nov 2023
My package £37 gone up to now £39.92.
Surely the Package they are selling now should reflect the same increase as the Inflation and Support the Continued Investment also applies to those who are signing up to a New Contract?

I have raised a complaint so let's see what the Outcome is?
Out come I have offered is increase should not be more than the £2 which is the change in Tariff?

@Getafix wrote:

Vodafone says

"plus an additional 3.9% to help support the continued investment in our network as we expand coverage."

So presume Vodafone will kindly pass that 3.9% on to Openreach/CityFibre as they are the ones actually expanding and investing in the network 🤔 🙄

Cynric

@Stumpy21 But not necessarily all of it because as the network expands so will VF's own hardware to cope with the increase.

Cynric

Jayach

Good luck with your complaint, but if you are still in a contract, they have you over a barrel.

Getafix

Vodafone called. They are going to stand by their Legal position and doesn't matter if it is Morally wrong.
Raised it with CEDR and they have accepted the Case and asked Vodafone to respond.

Inflation, I am happy with the increase, but the 3.9% that is not acceptable when same tariff is still sold without that added.

I believe everyone should check how much Vodafone are selling their current Tariff and compare the price to what they are paying after the increase.