Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone - Untrustable Cheats

Gawigawen
2: Seeker

The new CEO Max Taylor needs to retrain his lazy incompetent customer service and complaint staff, who all seem to use names indicative that they are not based in the UK 

On 6 February 2024, through online chat I discussed and renewed my broadband contract with a UK based staff member Chelsea who confirmed several times that there would be no price increase in April 2024. Excellent customer service by her.

3 days ago Vodafone erroneously sent me an email saying my price would go up.

I filed a complaint. I was given the run around for a ridiculous 4 hours by several call centre operatives (all without native English names) who repeatedly avoided finding and reading the transcript of the contract renewal chat with Chelsea, the content of which forms the actual basis of the agreed contract renewal.  A copy of that chat transcript should be kept in the Vodafone file for my account.

Now a clueless Vodafone employee (again without a native English name) has chosen to ignore finding and reading that chat transcript and closed the complaint.

Absolutely disgusting attitude Vodafone. You are obliged to 100%  honour what has agreed between me and Chelsea during that contract renewal online chat.

No excuses Vodafone, just get your act together, honour that telecommunication chat agreement, for which you must have a copy (unless you are a totally incompetent telecommunications company) and most critically retrain your incompetent customer care staff who insult your loyal customers by lazily and deliberately failing to find and read the content of that contract renewal chat transcript. 

Vodafone, you owe me a very humble apology and a goodwill offer. If I had known you could not be trusted to honour what Chelsea agreed in that online chat I would not have renewed my contract. 

I suggest that anyone else about to renew their contract thinks very carefully before doing so. Vodafone cannot be trusted. They will cheat you just like they are cheating me.

11 REPLIES 11

Gawigawen

The new CEO Max Taylor needs to retrain his lazy incompetent customer service and complaint staff, who all seem to use names indicative that they are not based in the UK 

On 6 February 2024, through online chat I discussed and renewed my broadband contract with a UK based staff member Chelsea who confirmed several times that there would be no price increase in April 2024. Excellent customer service by her.

3 days ago Vodafone erroneously sent me an email saying my price would go up.

I filed a complaint. I was given the run around for a ridiculous 4 hours by several call centre operatives (all without native English names) who repeatedly avoided finding and reading the transcript of the contract renewal chat with Chelsea, the content of which forms the actual basis of the agreed contract renewal.  A copy of that chat transcript should be kept in the Vodafone file for my account.

Now a clueless Vodafone employee (again without a native English name) has chosen to ignore finding and reading that very important contract renewal chat transcript and closed the complaint.

Absolutely disgusting attitude Vodafone. You are obliged to 100%  honour what has agreed between me and Chelsea during that contract renewal online chat.

No excuses Max Taylor and Vodafone, just get your act together, honour that telecommunication chat agreement, for which you must have a copy (unless you are a totally incompetent telecommunications company) and most critically retrain your incompetent customer care staff who insult your loyal customers by lazily and deliberately failing to find and read the content of that contract renewal chat transcript. 

Vodafone, you owe me a very humble apology and a goodwill offer. If I had known you could not be trusted to honour what Chelsea agreed in that online chat I would very obvious not have renewed my contract. 

I suggest that anyone else about to renew their contract thinks very carefully before doing so. Vodafone cannot be trusted. They will cheat you just like they are cheating me.

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

There are no brits. First level support is based in Egypt. Welcome to the wonderful world of vodafone.

Considering people generally sign up to this forum to complain you have no real idea how many are enjoying a great service.

Your experience is extremely rare. While that doesn't help you, it does give some balance for those who read this thread. 

No matter how rare you claim it to be it is absolutely disgusting attitude and behaviour by Vodafone. The basis of the contract renewal is set out in the online chat transcript. It should and must be honoured. Vodafone should have a copy of that transcript in my account file. There are absolutely no valid excuses for how I have been treated by their lazy customer care staff. Max Taylor needs to sort this problem out. Vodafone are untrustable cheats 

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The advisor you spoke to meant well.  Unfortunately, she had the month correct but not the date.  There is a previous thread here https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/RPI-Price-Rise-2024-25/m-p/2748785#M27670

Take a look at the complaints procedure.  Hopefully, Vodafone will do a goodwill.

I have done the complaints procedure. They just deliberately and lazily avoided finding and reading the online contract renewal chat transcript. That transcript is very detailed with regards to discussion and confirmation that there will be no April price increase. I got that confirmed at least twice.  Vodafone are untrustable cheats who deliberately and lazily fail to read their own contract renewal chat transcripts when a complaint is made.

Cynric

@Gawigawen  I understand that you are not at all happy with the situation you are in, but your "robust language" many not inspire anyone at VF to go the extra mile to help you out. Please remember that VF are a wealthy company who employ a legal team who may not look kindly on such accusations. Hopefully you will get a positive outcome.

It is robust simply because of the very large number of times their customer care staff deliberate avoided finding and reading the Vodafone copy of the contract renewal chat  transcript. There really is no valid excuse for that. They are simply untrustable cheats if they deliberately avoid finding, reading and honouring what they agreed to in that chat transcript. 

What you need to be aware of is that every time I draw to their attention the contract renewal agreements made in the online chat, when they reply they totally avoid any reference to that online chat and the agreements within it. That is why they are untrustable cheats. They go out of their way to avoid mentioning or honouring a written agreement.

A legal team will want to see the contract renewal chat transcript. I say that based upon my professional capacity negotiating and drafting contracts and carrying out dispute resolution, arbitrations, mediation and court cases. Vodafone are untrustable cheats if they fail to honour what was agreed in that contract renewal chat transcript. Max Taylor needs to retrain his customer service and complaints staff to honour what is agreed in chat transcripts. Plus of course do you seriously think Vodafone would want to waste time of an expensive legal team defending in a small claims court when the chat  transcript will evidence they have failed to honour an agreement? This is a matter that Max Taylor needs to get a sensible person to honour what was agreed in the chat transcript.